13 week old puppy - ALWAYS HUNGRY

Loki maram

May 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki
HI everyone,

Iā€™m feeding him Purina puppy food and the serving size is 1 cup per day. So I give him 1/3 cup 3 times. I feel that itā€™s not enough for him even thought itā€™s the recommended serving and my puppy has knuckling problem so Iā€™m supposed to give him low protein food. Plz let me know if anyone knows low protein food and about this serving size.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Purina is not a good quality food and 1 cup of day for a growing puppy is definitely not enough food at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with CBrugs advice, 1 cup a day for a growing puppy is not enough food. A puppy should be eating 1 cup of food 3 times a day until they are about 6 months old, and then reduce their feedings to 1 cup twice a day. I also agree that Purina isn't the best quality of food, I don't know about low protein foods, but you can take a look on the Dog Food Ratings on this site, and see if there is a better quality of food with a low protein. You want to choose a food that has a rating of 4 Star or higher.

OP
L

Loki maram

May 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki
Hi, I agree with CBrugs advice, 1 cup a day for a growing puppy is not enough food. A puppy should be eating 1 cup of food 3 times a day until they are about 6 months old, and then reduce their feedings to 1 cup twice a day. I also agree that Purina isn't the best quality of food, I don't know about low protein foods, but you can take a look on the Dog Food Ratings on this site, and see if there is a better quality of food with a low protein. You want to choose a food that has a rating of 4 Star or higher.

Thanks for the reply. Is it ok if I give adult dog food to my puppy with low protein or we canā€™t give it to him yet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks for the reply. Is it ok if I give adult dog food to my puppy with low protein or we canā€™t give it to him yet?

Basically everyone has guided you on the right path. And definitely all dogs especially puppies needs high protein. Like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] gave you top quality kibbles Acana, Fromm, Zingnature, Farmina, Earthborn Holistic. As most knows if itā€™s a kibble youā€™re going withi prefer Acana single protein bags. You can easily monitor IF any allergies n stay away from that protein. Puppies needs to have on regular basis ā€œrotation ā€œ of protein so their immune system builds up n avoids allergies. Do feed chicken so he gets use to it. Acana has, chicken, Duck, pork, lamb, beef, fish... so after each bag, try another protein. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.