Red Meat Cancerous for dogs?

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
We know that red meat is bad and can be cancerous for humans, cant it be said for dogs too?

I wish there was also some common knowledge on if Grains (Rice), Sweet Potatoes, Certain or all Meats are not great for their diet.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I honestly don't know if red meat is bad for dogs... I sincerely hope not, because Walter is allergic to poultry & fish!!! Grains normally cause issues for dogs that have allergies, so I have been doing grain-free for my pups... but they love sweet potatoes. I believe everything in moderation!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We know that red meat is bad and can be cancerous for humans, cant it be said for dogs too?
I wish there was also some common knowledge on if Grains (Rice), Sweet Potatoes, Certain or all Meats are not great for their diet.

After hundreds of years dogs cats will/has always eat meat. It will always be as meat has the essentials fats they need. They are not vegetarians. Sure they probably can live on plants but there is NO way by giving your dog all supplements to replace the fat they need. Youā€™ll end up having a lot health issues. This is a very big issue as tons of humans donā€™t understand as most thinks popping a supplemental will replace a mineral or oil will be good enough for them or their pets. Well no, all what people are doing his making supplement makers happy as itā€™s a huge billion dollar maker! The best way to intake vitamins n minerals are through food source. Hereā€™s a good example youā€™re looking for, Royal Canin, Science Hill, Purina, Walmart n others all low grade kibbles, are all loaded of grains. All these companies are backed by the vets n yet, all these dogs eating these brands ends up seeing the vet more n more n more. Thereā€™s a reason why most vets push for their prescription bags or these brands. Itā€™s called marketing just like supplements. Another good example is many years ago we didnā€™t have kibbles n dogs would eat whatever was left from a meal at the table. They ate the scraps as we say. Well think about it, why is it back then dogs lived over 20-30yrs old? Nowadays dogs average 8-14. Dogs needs protein from a meat source. Can you imagine a wolf eating only berries or plants?

OP
mdoto

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
I honestly don't know if red meat is bad for dogs... I sincerely hope not, because Walter is allergic to poultry & fish!!! Grains normally cause issues for dogs that have allergies, so I have been doing grain-free for my pups... but they love sweet potatoes. I believe everything in moderation!!!

Awww, do you have any pics of walter?

Sam, is maybe allergic to chicken. Its hard to tell sometimes what they are allergic to. She is eating turkey almost every meal with an offal/trip thrown in here and there. Maybe a duck.

I'm sure some of the rules of chances of cancer apply to other living beings other than humans. No one seems to figure it out.

OP
mdoto

mdoto

Jun 2, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
After hundreds of years dogs cats will/has always eat meat. It will always be as meat has the essentials fats they need. They are not vegetarians. Sure they probably can live on plants but there is NO way by giving your dog all supplements to replace the fat they need. Youā€™ll end up having a lot health issues. This is a very big issue as tons of humans donā€™t understand as most thinks popping a supplemental will replace a mineral or oil will be good enough for them or their pets. Well no, all what people are doing his making supplement makers happy as itā€™s a huge billion dollar maker! The best way to intake vitamins n minerals are through food source. Hereā€™s a good example youā€™re looking for, Royal Canin, Science Hill, Purina, Walmart n others all low grade kibbles, are all loaded of grains. All these companies are backed by the vets n yet, all these dogs eating these brands ends up seeing the vet more n more n more. Thereā€™s a reason why most vets push for their prescription bags or these brands. Itā€™s called marketing just like supplements. Another good example is many years ago we didnā€™t have kibbles n dogs would eat whatever was left from a meal at the table. They ate the scraps as we say. Well think about it, why is it back then dogs lived over 20-30yrs old? Nowadays dogs average 8-14. Dogs needs protein from a meat source. Can you imagine a wolf eating only berries or plants?

Yes, agree with you for the most part. You don't know 100% that a pure meat diet or a pure veggie diet will prolong their life.

My issue is, it seems we know that red meat is cancerous for humans, so may be for dogs as well.

Canned foods, kibble are not healthy. That can come to an easy conclusion to because its unhealthy for humans to do that too.

And no i cannot imagine a wolf eating berries/plants. But i did not imagine me not eating chicken, beef and pork either but i did it and seem fine.

My dogs do not like vegetables for the most part. After watching a movie like https://www.dominionmovement.com/watch its hard to support eating meat.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Here is a pic of my two pups... Willow & Walter!!!

94128997_10158080413353548_7482733134518157312_n.jpg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We know that red meat is bad and can be cancerous for humans,

We don't know that. The studies cannot identify the actual cause of the slight increase in risk - whether it is the cooking, the spice, the iron, etc. etc. Body builders have been eating un-spiced un-processed red meat for ages. Professionals have been treating auto-immune diseases with un-spiced, un-processed carnivorous diet plans, etc. etc.

cant it be said for dogs too?

No. Completely different physiology. For example, dogs have a shorter intestinal tract than humans.

The dog's physiology is a clue. A dog has body parts designed for carnivorous intake. Dogs adapted to an omnivorous diet through domestication.

My dog is going to be 13 years old in August. I adopted her when she was 3. She's been on a Prey-Model Raw diet for almost 9 years now.

This was back in 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUzPgPpemk&t=4s

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online