Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Dog Food...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well, its been a couple of weeks n since I switched Memphis from DVP NB to NV Instinct he is pooping ALLOT! UGGGGG One thing I noticed before was how little he was pooping but now its back w a vengence! He is pooping ALLOT n ALL the time like he was when he was on Iams. Natures Variety was one of the better food buts I may have to go back to DVP Natural Balance cause this is crazy lol...

You may be giving him too much. How much are you feeding in cups per day? They really only need two cups or less of this food per day, depending on the age. Also he is still adjusting, it usually takes 3 weeks to really get through the system. The only other thing is that he could have an allergy to something in the food, this causes gas and expansion of the poos. His :poo: on NVI should be solid as a rock, not soft at all.

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
You may be giving him too much. How much are you feeding in cups per day? They really only need two cups or less of this food per day, depending on the age. Also he is still adjusting, it usually takes 3 weeks to really get through the system. The only other thing is that he could have an allergy to something in the food, this causes gas and expansion of the poos. His :poo: on NVI should be solid as a rock, not soft at all.

I am feeding him 0ne cup around 7 am n one cup at 3 pm so 2 cups a day which is what the bag says also. His poo is very hard but there is just ALLOT more of it than with the DVP NB...

cslafferty

Jan 17, 2011
Linden, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola (1/31/11) & Chief (9/18/00-12/30/10)
We fed our bully DVP Natural Balance Vegetarian formula and he did great! We had tried so many other brands/formulas, but he always had gas/rash issues until we went veggie. He loved it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online