whats the best food to feed my 12 week old english bulldog puppy? i need help please

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sometimes you can read all you like and do all kinds of research but eventually you just have to take the plunge and try a food. I do love Fromm and won't deny it, but I've also noticed that Fromm overall seems to be the favorite choice on here. After saying that you just have to get a bag and try it. Give it a few weeks to get in their system, and maybe over a period of months try a few different protein flavours. If you're not happy move on to another food.

Nobody is ever going to be able to tell you the best food to get. It's so individual to your bully and their needs. Just go for a really good, high rated food and see what happens.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION].. For a 5 month old pup..which Fromm would you start with? I have Jake on natural balance..ultra classic formula which is an all stages food..he is starting to convince me he has some issues..just started with goopy eyes..bit itchy..nothing too bad..but trying to head it off. This formula is not a limited ingredient like other natural balance. Has chicken as main protein. Would appreciate some ideas. Also will put my 3 yr old non bully on whatever I go to.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] All of the formulas in Fromm's 4 star line are all all life stage formulas. You really can't go wrong with any of them. However, if it seems like Jake is starting to develop some allergies I would recommend sticking with their grain free formulas which is the beef frittata and surf & turf.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] All of the formulas in Fromm's 4 star line are all all life stage formulas. You really can't go wrong with any of them. However, if it seems like Jake is starting to develop some allergies I would recommend sticking with their grain free formulas which is the beef frittata and surf & turf.

Thanks so much [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]..I am going to order new food today. I am having most difficult time deciding between nvi and fromm..who would have thunk dog food would take over my life? oh ya..and dog poop too!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thanks so much TessaAndSamson..I am going to order new food today. I am having most difficult time deciding between nvi and fromm..who would have thunk dog food would take over my life? oh ya..and dog poop too!

Oh I know! It's amazing how much I worry about Samson's food, way more than I worry about my own diet LOL Both foods are really good, you really can't go wrong. If you have any yeast problems go with NVI, if not, I'd go with Fromm.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh I know! It's amazing how much I worry about Samson's food, way more than I worry about my own diet LOL Both foods are really good, you really can't go wrong. If you have any yeast problems go with NVI, if not, I'd go with Fromm.

Ok..that's great advice..I see no signs of any yeast issues! Yesterday and this morning started seeing some gunky eyes..just a bit..think I'll go with the surf and turf..thanks so much..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gosh, this is such a tough decision isn't it?? Personally, I switched to Fromm from Wellness puppy because his poops were a little soft. So far so good. I use the beef frittata and the pork and applesauce. I don't know about the weight issue...Gator gained about 12lbs in a month lol.

From what I gathered here from reading the dog food threads is that Fromm seems to be a favorite but NVI and DVP are also given good reviews by the bully owners. I would see which one the puppy likes the best!

Good luck!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION].. For a 5 month old pup..which Fromm would you start with? I have Jake on natural balance..ultra classic formula which is an all stages food..he is starting to convince me he has some issues..just started with goopy eyes..bit itchy..nothing too bad..but trying to head it off. This formula is not a limited ingredient like other natural balance. Has chicken as main protein. Would appreciate some ideas. Also will put my 3 yr old non bully on whatever I go to.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Sorry I'm a bit late replying to this!! Fromm 4* is an allstages food just as tessaandsamson said. I would like to say though that the food you currently have him on has chicken as the main protein. It seems a LOT of bullys have issues with allergies to chicken. So it could be that it's not the food but the fact that it is chicken. We only recently discovered Maggie has an allergy to chicken. Luckily it's not bad enough that we can't get away with giving her food that has traces of chicken in ... like the fromm surf n turf. However we do have to stay away from the Fromm chicken n veggie flavour!!

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
well its just that I changed Chaos back to puppy Fromm and its like he is maintaining his weight and not gaining any. he should be gaining being hes only 4 months old. he gained fine until I switched him to fromm, which I love and he loves even more!!! So now its do I try him on a different puppy food? then which one? I went to the puppy food advisor and it had chicken soup, fromm, blue buffalo, and some others all as 4 star, yet fromm is better than all of those....get why i am so frustrated??? the vets office says purina e ?? never heard of it, then the pet store says earthborn or blue buffalo, a friend who is a vet tech says totw, and I really wanted him to be on the fromm because of all the wonderful stories on here and because he really loves it sooo much....maybe one day I will be able to get him situated! I feel like a bad momma

Snooki is now 15 weeks and I just switched her to Fromm Beef Fritata and will alternate with the fish etc... It is an all stages food so I kind of took Snooks off of puppy food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]..thanks so much..I ordered the surf and turf from petflow and am relieved you agree!! I am suspicious it's chicken with Jake too. I gave him new treats from natural balance and they were sweet potato and chicken..they gave him very soft poo. He has always been okay with their sweet potato and bison treats..so must be chicken.also like Maggie..he does ok on the kibble..but just ok. Hopefully all will go well with the transition..especially since I ordered the large bag..lol..cross your fingers!

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I just switched Memphis from DVP Natural Balance Salmon to Natures Varity Instinct Duck n I have to say his poo is so much firmer, yeaaahhhh... He just looks awesome all the way around... I am amazed at how beautiful is coat is as well... I want to thank all of u an this site for educating me on what works good for Bulldogs... He is a different dog being that he was on Iams from the breeder!

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Well, its been a couple of weeks n since I switched Memphis from DVP NB to NV Instinct he is pooping ALLOT! UGGGGG One thing I noticed before was how little he was pooping but now its back w a vengence! He is pooping ALLOT n ALL the time like he was when he was on Iams. Natures Variety was one of the better food buts I may have to go back to DVP Natural Balance cause this is crazy lol...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oooh..bummer [MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION]..I am not the one to give any food advice..but have read here it does take like at least a month to 6 weeks for a complete fair test. After that..maybe a different flavor from natures variety? That way you don't have to do complete transition thing again. Are you feeding him the same amount?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.