Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

  1. #1
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12884

    Default China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!


  2. Likes 1Chumly, Dollys Owner liked this post
  3. #2
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,419
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3765

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Can my dog become vegan?????? I was vegetarian for so long... (over 30 years) and wish i (and Hank) could just go back and grow our own gardens and never kill a cow pig or what ever and have healthy vegies ....... Oh boy! Amazing what we "picture" goes into food, compared to what does,,,, and where the dang heck it comes from. I only shop small shops (Sprouts/ Trader Joe's etc) but who knows .... And Hanks is mostly premade frozen although I do mix up my own for him still at times, but dang it !!!

  4. #3
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,950
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2060

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Very interesting ! @helsonwheels Didn't know most taurine powder comes from China. Another reason to use frozen raw dog food which doesn't need added taurine. I'm surprised so few dog food companies have taken the pledge not to buy from China. None of the kibbles usually recommended here (Acana Singles, Earthborne Holistic Venture, Zignature) are on that list. The only kibbles that I recognize are Carna4 from Canada ( that Dr. Becker and I like ) and Farmina. The rest are mostly dehydrated and raw dog food or small companies I haven't heard of. Maybe we should be adding Carna4 Duck and Farmina to our list of kibble products we recommend in our replies, plus quoting this link below.

    https://associationfortruthinpetfood.com/the-pledge/

  5. Likes Hankster, 2BullyMama, Cbrugs liked this post
  6. #4
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12884

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Very interesting ! @helsonwheels Didn't know most taurine powder comes from China. Another reason to use frozen raw dog food which doesn't need added taurine. I'm surprised so few dog food companies have taken the pledge not to buy from China. None of the kibbles usually recommended here (Acana Singles, Earthborne Holistic Venture, Zignature) are on that list. The only kibbles that I recognize are Carna4 from Canada ( that Dr. Becker and I like ) and Farmina. The rest are mostly dehydrated and raw dog food or small companies I haven't heard of. Maybe we should be adding Carna4 Duck and Farmina to our list of kibble products we recommend in our replies, plus quoting this link below.

    https://associationfortruthinpetfood.com/the-pledge/
    Other countries like Japan, Brazil n India also ships taurine. Taurine is important even for humans. But too much is dangerous.A lot is into energy drinks, cosmetics, contact lens solution..... I did send an email to Acana asking them where their taurine is from. I do know in Canada we are more cautious what comes into this country. Again you never know nowadays. Lately, I’ve been calling Canada, CHINADA... don’t ask!

  7. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    13,999
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    7585

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Purina ONCE again... my mom called me yesterday, and told me her vet told her to get Purina for her cats because it's one of the BEST foods around. What is it w/their LOVE of Purina?!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,686
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16819

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Purina ONCE again... my mom called me yesterday, and told me her vet told her to get Purina for her cats because it's one of the BEST foods around. What is it w/their LOVE of Purina?!!
    They donít know... remember, vets study medicine and care, not nutrition


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. Likes helsonwheels, ddnene liked this post
  11. #7
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12884

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Purina ONCE again... my mom called me yesterday, and told me her vet told her to get Purina for her cats because it's one of the BEST foods around. What is it w/their LOVE of Purina?!!
    It’s called marketing. Put an ad in a person’s face daily or like all dog shows has purina signs n funds the shows will brainwash a person’s head. “Oh look at these beautiful dogs all great looking, they must eat Purina”. Then people will start believing that product must be great. It’s also the power of money n giving out free sample to vets, pet shops etc...

  12. Likes ddnene liked this post
  13. #8
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12884

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    So Acana replied back about taurine......

    On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM Customer Care <customercare@championpetfoods.com> wrote:
    Hi Helene,

    Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I can confirm that we do not source our taurine from China. In ORIJEN and ACANA we use WholePrey ratios, which means we use muscle meat, organs and bone or cartilage in our diets to provide the essential nutrients your pet needs to thrive. By using this Biologically Appropriate variety of animal ingredients in our diets, we are able to minimize the amount of synthetic supplementation. If vitamins are supplemented in the food, we source from trusted suppliers in the United States and Canada.

    Please let me know if there is anything else that we can help with.

    Kind regards,


    Chelsea
    Customer Care
    Champion Petfoods LP

    Toll Free 877-939-0006
    #301, 1103 95 St. SW | Edmonton, AB, Canada | T6X 0P8

  14. Likes ddnene liked this post
  15. #9
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,950
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2060

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    So Acana replied back about taurine......

    On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM Customer Care <customercare@championpetfoods.com> wrote:
    Hi Helene,

    Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I can confirm that we do not source our taurine from China. In ORIJEN and ACANA we use WholePrey ratios, which means we use muscle meat, organs and bone or cartilage in our diets to provide the essential nutrients your pet needs to thrive. By using this Biologically Appropriate variety of animal ingredients in our diets, we are able to minimize the amount of synthetic supplementation. If vitamins are supplemented in the food, we source from trusted suppliers in the United States and Canada.

    Please let me know if there is anything else that we can help with.

    Kind regards,


    Chelsea
    Customer Care
    Champion Petfoods LP

    Toll Free 877-939-0006
    #301, 1103 95 St. SW | Edmonton, AB, Canada | T6X 0P8
    Good to know, but why won't they sign the pledge that they don't source from China?

  16. #10
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12884

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Good to know, but why won't they sign the pledge that they don't source from China?
    IDK... Some companies don’t need to sign up anything or maybe they had no clue of this pledge. IMO, trust me on this, I’ve seen high end food companies swearing they go by the book n with a clean product. Lot of them are lies. Not all 100% clean. Like I just looked at your pledge list, geez many of them signed n their ingredients are not natural n some with bad fats like the example I took off your pledge sheet...

    Wheat, Corn, Soy, Gluten & Grain FREE

    8" PEANUT BUTTER BONE: COOKIE - Peanut Butter & Honey (see description under packaged treats) ICING - sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, carob powder, reduced mineral whey powder, whole milk solids, non fat dry milk solids, soy lecithin (emulsifier), salt, artificial flavor.

    I sure wouldn’t feed that to my dogs....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Good to know, but why won't they sign the pledge that they don't source from China?
    IDK... Some companies donít need to sign up anything or maybe they had no clue of this pledge. IMO, trust me on this, Iíve seen high end food companies swearing they go by the book n with a clean product. Lot of them are lies. Not all 100% clean. Like I just looked at your pledge list, geez many of them signed n their ingredients are not natural n some with bad fats like the example I took off your pledge sheet...

    Wheat, Corn, Soy, Gluten & Grain FREE

    8" PEANUT BUTTER BONE: COOKIE - Peanut Butter & Honey (see description under packaged treats) ICING - sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, carob powder, reduced mineral whey powder, whole milk solids, non fat dry milk solids, soy lecithin (emulsifier), salt, artificial flavor.

    I sure wouldnít feed that to my dogs....

  17. #11
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,950
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    2060

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    IDK... Some companies don’t need to sign up anything or maybe they had no clue of this pledge. IMO, trust me on this, I’ve seen high end food companies swearing they go by the book n with a clean product. Lot of them are lies. Not all 100% clean. Like I just looked at your pledge list, geez many of them signed n their ingredients are not natural n some with bad fats like the example I took off your pledge sheet...
    .
    It says on the pledge website:

    If the pet food company you support is not listed above…
    It’s probably Not because they haven’t been asked to participate. Hundreds of emails to pet food manufacturers asking them to Pledge have been sent. As well, many pet food consumers have asked many manufacturers. But…we must continue to ask them to Pledge. Pet food consumers deserve transparency.


    Also, Susan Thixton, editor of that website really does not like Champion Foods, saying they are a feed grade based dog food, not human grade, allowing them to throw in pretty much any quality of meat.
    https://truthaboutpetfood.com/champi...pentobarbital/

  18. #12
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,574
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6194

    Default Re: China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Very interesting ! @helsonwheels Didn't know most taurine powder comes from China. Another reason to use frozen raw dog food which doesn't need added taurine. I'm surprised so few dog food companies have taken the pledge not to buy from China. None of the kibbles usually recommended here (Acana Singles, Earthborne Holistic Venture, Zignature) are on that list. The only kibbles that I recognize are Carna4 from Canada ( that Dr. Becker and I like ) and Farmina. The rest are mostly dehydrated and raw dog food or small companies I haven't heard of. Maybe we should be adding Carna4 Duck and Farmina to our list of kibble products we recommend in our replies, plus quoting this link below.

    https://associationfortruthinpetfood.com/the-pledge/
    Iíve been feeding Ella the Open Farm kibble which I would recommend to people. They are headquartered in Toronto. On their website they have a list of where all their ingredients are sourced from.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •