China remains leading pet food ingredients Exporters!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So hereā€™s the reply for signing petitions.. Iā€™m totally with what they replied. And has nothing to do with Acana. If you have a quality product, you donā€™t need to explain yourself. Called communication.

Hi Helene,

Rather than sign a pledge through a third party, we prefer to provide current and up-to date information through our company directly. We are proud to be open and transparent when it comes to our ingredients and recommend that Pet Lovers contact us directly either by getting in touch with our Customer Care department or by viewing the information available on our website.

Please let me know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Kind regards,

Chelsea
Customer Care
Champion Petfoods LP

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So hereā€™s the reply for signing petitions.. Iā€™m totally with what they replied. And has nothing to do with Acana. If you have a quality product, you donā€™t need to explain yourself. Called communication.

Hi Helene,

Rather than sign a pledge through a third party, we prefer to provide current and up-to date information through our company directly. We are proud to be open and transparent when it comes to our ingredients and recommend that Pet Lovers contact us directly either by getting in touch with our Customer Care department or by viewing the information available on our website.

Kind regards,

Chelsea
Customer Care
Champion Petfoods LP

It seems to me that there's a bit of ill will between Susan Thixton and Champion and that's why they are not signing. Hence Susan posting that article on how Champion uses feed grade protein.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems to me that there's a bit of ill will between Susan Thixton and Champion and that's why they are not signing. Hence Susan posting that article on how Champion uses feed grade protein.

At the end of the day, people are free to buy whatever they want. I work closely with food inspectors as you know Iā€™m in the food industry n I see up front a lot more. Trust me that was an interest of mine asking what category does this company holds. Back then Nyala n Duke was feed half kibbles n half raw. To this day, this company are still at the top with quality, very clean facilities n fresh. There was once an issue a few years back ā€œsomeone ā€œ that dumped rotten carcasses in one of Acanaā€™s dumpsters. Went all over. But after viewing videos, was an activist against slaughtering trying to bring down pet food companies. I wouldnā€™t endorse Acana/Orijen If there was an issue of low quality kibble. Iā€™m more for raw but raw isnā€™t for everyone. Why itā€™s better than nothing to do half half with organs. Again people can do what they want as itā€™s their pets

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If China can't poison us or our dogs, they send us a pandemic......

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Now do human food...
;)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So Acana replied back about taurine......

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM Customer Care <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Helene,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I can confirm that we do not source our taurine from China. In ORIJEN and ACANA we use WholePrey ratios, which means we use muscle meat, organs and bone or cartilage in our diets to provide the essential nutrients your pet needs to thrive. By using this Biologically Appropriate variety of animal ingredients in our diets, we are able to minimize the amount of synthetic supplementation. If vitamins are supplemented in the food, we source from trusted suppliers in the United States and Canada.

Kind regards,

Chelsea
Customer Care
Champion Petfoods LP

Toll Free 877-939-0006
#301, 1103 95 St. SW | Edmonton, AB, Canada | T6X 0P8
Nice to see old post that still educates usā€¦.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It is very important to ensure that pet food supplies are always of sufficient quantity and good quality. This is especially important for cats because they have quite sensitive stomachs and eat food more than anything else.
If thereā€™s one animal that should be on raw is a cat. Cats are way more carnivore than a dog.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.