Pickey eater

Katier

Apr 5, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
My 2 year old Hazel is a new edition to our family and is my first English bulldog the people who had her before us did not take very good care of her and I am struggling to find a food she will eat more than a couple bites of. I am running out of ideas please help.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 2 year old Hazel is a new edition to our family and is my first English bulldog the people who had her before us did not take very good care of her and I am struggling to find a food she will eat more than a couple bites of. I am running out of ideas please help.

Your profile says Alpo. If thatā€™s what youā€™re feeding please get him off of that food. Absolutely no good, no meat as main source, colour chemicals etc. Simply stay away from Purina, Royal Canin, Science hill, Alpo etc.....Get him on a higher quality kibble like Acana single protein bags. Start with the Duck n pear one. Better would be a raw diet... But if you canā€™t yes Acana is the way to go.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Try to find her a good quality food that she likes, like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] suggested. Other good quality limited ingredient dog foods include Zignature, and Earthborne Holistics Venture line. I would strongly discourage adding toppers as bulldogs have the personality of forever remembering anything special you do for them and then expecting it forever.

You didn't mention if Hazel has any health issues that could be related to food allergies such as ear infections, hot spots or licking paws. If so, you may want to switch to a dehydrated raw product like Honest Kitchen, or even better, to a commercial frozen raw.

It's extremely unusual for a bulldog to be a picky eater, unless you train them as such with adding a lot of toppers.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION], toppers are great if itā€™s raw organs but definitely on a higher quality kibble.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION], toppers are great if itā€™s raw organs but definitely on a higher quality kibble.

I wouldn't add the raw organs as toppers then because the dog won't eat without toppers after a while.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How is she doing? If recently rehomeā€” she needs a month to settle in and about three months to fully be comfortable.

Get a high quality kibble, one protein- try duck first.

Zingnature, Acana, Fromm, earthborn holistic. Are a few options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Curious to know how Hazel is doing and what you may have switched. Hope all is well!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online