Help Needed! Best Food for Bulldog with Allergies

tkyncy

Apr 17, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tahna
New to this forum and glad I found it! My old Engligh Bulldog has really started to have alot of skin and allergy issues. i have been trying new foods but after reading on here it doesnt seem like i have been trying the right ones. She is currently on taste of the wild pacific stream, but she continues to itch and have yeast issues. Would moving her to Zignature or Earthborn holistic help with this? if so which one do most of you prefer? also i see there are multiple flavors like duck, turkey etc... im assuming the the single proteins would be better? thanks for any help and suggestions

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
New to this forum and glad I found it! My old Engligh Bulldog has really started to have alot of skin and allergy issues. i have been trying new foods but after reading on here it doesnt seem like i have been trying the right ones. She is currently on taste of the wild pacific stream, but she continues to itch and have yeast issues. Would moving her to Zignature or Earthborn holistic help with this? if so which one do most of you prefer? also i see there are multiple flavors like duck, turkey etc... im assuming the the single proteins would be better? thanks for any help and suggestions

go with single duck protein... duck tends to be of an allergen and Zingnature is a great brand. As is Acana.

raw is the best of all if willing

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
From least allergenic to most allergenic dog food types:

Frozen raw- freeze dried raw- limited ingredient dehydrated raw - dehydrated raw - limited ingredient kibble - kibble

I wouldn't consider freeze dried raw except for snacks since it's too expensive, eg. Ziwipeak

Try a limited ingredient kibble like Acana Duck and Pear, or Zignature Duck or Earthborn Holistic Venture Duck.

If still having issues, try a dehydrated limited ingredient raw such as Honest Kitchen Spruce.

If still having issues, buy a commercial frozen raw eg. Answers .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online