Trouble Finding food? Need recs

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Hi Bully friends...I used to be quite active on this site & then have had 4 human kids in the last 6.5 years.

I am finding myself in need of all of your expertise. We have a 9 year old female bully who has had a ton of skin issues, and I've been feeding her Zignature kangaroo as a rec from a vet. She has tolerated it really well. However, add to the list of issues caused by Covid-19, it has been out of stock on chewy.com Right now they have 4lb bags in stock. I usually by 27lb bags. To by the equivalent 4lb bags would be about $40 more. I'm also concerned with it going completely out of stock.

My initial thought was to stick to the Zignature brand, but switch proteins. She was on a whitefish food prior to the kangaroo, but the situation looks the same. The seem to be stocked in the catfish, duck, pork, & salmon. I'd like to avoid turkey.

Are any of these choices better than the other for her? I have e-mailed out vet office, but I'm guessing they'll tell me to put her on one of the brands they sell in office if you know what I mean.

Thank you!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
When Louie ate kibble he got Zignature and I always rotated through several of the proteins. There’s no reason for you not try the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi Bully friends...I used to be quite active on this site & then have had 4 human kids in the last 6.5 years.

I am finding myself in need of all of your expertise. We have a 9 year old female bully who has had a ton of skin issues, and I've been feeding her Zignature kangaroo as a rec from a vet. She has tolerated it really well. However, add to the list of issues caused by Covid-19, it has been out of stock on chewy.com Right now they have 4lb bags in stock. I usually by 27lb bags. To by the equivalent 4lb bags would be about $40 more. I'm also concerned with it going completely out of stock.

My initial thought was to stick to the Zignature brand, but switch proteins. She was on a whitefish food prior to the kangaroo, but the situation looks the same. The seem to be stocked in the catfish, duck, pork, & salmon. I'd like to avoid turkey.

Are any of these choices better than the other for her? I have e-mailed out vet office, but I'm guessing they'll tell me to put her on one of the brands they sell in office if you know what I mean.

Thank you!

If it’s kibbles I would go with Acana single protein bags. Start with Duck... :)

https://www.mypetneedsthat.com/acana-dog-food-review/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When Louie ate kibble he got Zignature and I always rotated through several of the proteins. There’s no reason for you not try the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

No reason to not stay with Zingnature and rotate proteins…. as you wish, avoid turkey and chicken

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.