Thread: Trouble Finding food? Need recs

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trouble Finding food? Need recs

Hi Bully friends...I used to be quite active on this site & then have had 4 human kids in the last 6.5 years.

I am finding myself in need of all of your expertise. We have a 9 year old female bully who has had a ton of skin issues, and I've been feeding her Zignature kangaroo as a rec from a vet. She has tolerated it really well. However, add to the list of issues caused by Covid-19, it has been out of stock on chewy.com Right now they have 4lb bags in stock. I usually by 27lb bags. To by the equivalent 4lb bags would be about $40 more. I'm also concerned with it going completely out of stock.

My initial thought was to stick to the Zignature brand, but switch proteins. She was on a whitefish food prior to the kangaroo, but the situation looks the same. The seem to be stocked in the catfish, duck, pork, & salmon. I'd like to avoid turkey.

Are any of these choices better than the other for her? I have e-mailed out vet office, but I'm guessing they'll tell me to put her on one of the brands they sell in office if you know what I mean.

Thank you!

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trouble Finding food? Need recs

When Louie ate kibble he got Zignature and I always rotated through several of the proteins. There’s no reason for you not try the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post
    Hi Bully friends...I used to be quite active on this site & then have had 4 human kids in the last 6.5 years.

I am finding myself in need of all of your expertise. We have a 9 year old female bully who has had a ton of skin issues, and I've been feeding her Zignature kangaroo as a rec from a vet. She has tolerated it really well. However, add to the list of issues caused by Covid-19, it has been out of stock on chewy.com Right now they have 4lb bags in stock. I usually by 27lb bags. To by the equivalent 4lb bags would be about $40 more. I'm also concerned with it going completely out of stock.

My initial thought was to stick to the Zignature brand, but switch proteins. She was on a whitefish food prior to the kangaroo, but the situation looks the same. The seem to be stocked in the catfish, duck, pork, & salmon. I'd like to avoid turkey.

Are any of these choices better than the other for her? I have e-mailed out vet office, but I'm guessing they'll tell me to put her on one of the brands they sell in office if you know what I mean.

Thank you!
    If it’s kibbles I would go with Acana single protein bags. Start with Duck...

https://www.mypetneedsthat.com/acana-dog-food-review/

6. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    When Louie ate kibble he got Zignature and I always rotated through several of the proteins. There’s no reason for you not try the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post

Thank you!

No reason to not stay with Zingnature and rotate proteins…. as you wish, avoid turkey and chicken
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes Cbrugs liked this post

Remove Ads