Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do......

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What to do......

I think I will try the Vegas stew. I really have never given him any treats, maybe I should get him some as well. What are good treats??
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can try other veggies besides green beans. Mine like carrots and peas. They also seem to like it better when it is frozen or VERY fresh. I also will add some plain yogurt into their bowl once they have finished the kibble. They LOVE that!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I used to give tons of carrots ( frozen) as treats, and put peas in their food. The vet who suggested the green beans was specifically for Mandy, to help her loose weight. She told me to limit the carrots and peas because they have sugar/calories in them. She said using the green beans will help fill them up, not be as hungry, no sugar, just vitamins and no calories. I still give them these, just not as much as I used to.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    @Terry I also used to free feed and loved it! My boys never over ate and there was always food out. In fact I never even measured what was given, just enough to keep the bowl full. Then when I switched to fromm Cutty became a pig. I dont know if there is crack in the food or what but have gone thru MANY diff brands of food and none were a problem until now. Cutty gained weight for the first time so now they are fed like every other dog out there. lol Kinda sucks actually having to remember to feed them can be a challenge. haha I miss free feeding!
    Bahahaha loved the crack comment!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

If he doesn't like green beans ... maybe try frozen broccoli, frozen blueberries, fresh chunks of cucumber, fresh carrot, and add natural yogurt, cottage cheese or pumpkin to his food. Anything to bulk it up a bit and make him think he's getting more than he really is!!

I'd also agree with what a lot of others have said ... there is no such thing as a bully who isn't hungry. I think mine would climb into the storage bin and eat the whole lot of food if I let them. They are just SO good at giving you that look which makes you feel so guilty about "starving" them!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads