Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Default Help!

So Harvey pushed open a door that must not have been latched and got a hold of a pack of suet bird feed. He ate the whole thing befire i realized he even had it! I assume it's not going to kill him, but i am sure there will be lots if diahreah and throw up in the future., I am only concerned that the fat is enough to cause gastritis.. anyone have thoughts on what i should watch for before freaking out and running to the ER?

Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help!

Poor Harvey! And poor mom too... I hope it passes with little issues!
    ďWhen I needed a hand, I found your paw.Ē

3. Likes thett liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

I would watch for lethargy, maybe throwing up blood?? Louie ate potting soil a couple years ago and got diarrhea for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes thett, ddnene liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn’t worry as it wouldn’t be sold all these decades on the market and cause of dead birds. You can even make it yourself. Made out of lard and/or animal fat n seeds. But yes might have diarrhea or vomit a bit but unlikely. Simply keep an eye. Hey good way to get a shiny coat.

7. Likes thett liked this post
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all! I am itís keeping a close eye. So far so good. Normal poop and no vomit.
    He is snuggling next to me as I watch this little girl cry because their best cousin just let after being here 10 days. They are sad he is gone.
    I will surely keep you all posted. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes EllieMay, helsonwheels, ddnene, sisters3 liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Such a beauty!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Harvey's face is the best... he seems totally unfazed!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Harvey's face is the best... he seems totally unfazed!!! Lol
    oh that picture was Stella... harvey was sleeping in my lap. Stella is the good girl around here!!! LOL!!

So.. update: there has been much diahreah of suet and seed..... but what is really concerning me is i never found the plastic wrapper... so now i am really concerned that that is going to be stuck in there.. the last time he ate that toy and we didn't know it, it was a partial obstruction and was there for 2 weeks because he was still eating, pooping etc. Now i am scared. I swear he gives me a run for my money!! i'm going to keep watching for the plastic wrap to come out for another day or 2 but momma is starting to stress!

13. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    oh that picture was Stella... harvey was sleeping in my lap. Stella is the good girl around here!!! LOL!!

So.. update: there has been much diahreah of suet and seed..... but what is really concerning me is i never found the plastic wrapper... so now i am really concerned that that is going to be stuck in there.. the last time he ate that toy and we didn't know it, it was a partial obstruction and was there for 2 weeks because he was still eating, pooping etc. Now i am scared. I swear he gives me a run for my money!! i'm going to keep watching for the plastic wrap to come out for another day or 2 but momma is starting to stress!
    Was it a full wrapper or partial? Plastic on them suet is usually very thin unless yours was different. Heíll probably digest it but yes again definitely keep an eye out...

Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Was it a full wrapper or partial? Plastic on them suet is usually very thin unless yours was different. He’ll probably digest it but yes again definitely keep an eye out...
    It was the full wrapper.. they are thin, but the whole thing is gone.. if it were just a little i wouldn't be so concerned..

He has had diareah several times today and i keep watching for the wrapper, but a bunch of the times he has gone in the house and eats it before i can get to him! He just got put in a pen! He has never been penned in and doesn't know what to make of it.. i had to put the big bed on floor in front of it in case he tries to jump out. He is a jumper and im afraid he will try so just in case.. he has a soft landing.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    It was the full wrapper.. they are thin, but the whole thing is gone.. if it were just a little i wouldn't be so concerned..

He has had diareah several times today and i keep watching for the wrapper, but a bunch of the times he has gone in the house and eats it before i can get to him! He just got put in a pen! He has never been penned in and doesn't know what to make of it.. i had to put the big bed on floor in front of it in case he tries to jump out. He is a jumper and im afraid he will try so just in case.. he has a soft landing.
    Some here induce vomiting with 2 tablespoons of oral hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes for 3 attempts. But that being said keep your eyes open....

Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Some here induce vomiting with 2 tablespoons of oral hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes for 3 attempts. But that being said keep your eyes open....
    Omg it was yesterday around 10am when it happened. Do you think inducing is too late at this point? Omg, I am stressing out right now because with all this corona crap, trying to work, Harvey pooping everywhere and trying to eat it and I think Stella just got bit by a spider in our basement! It is finished and my husband has his office set up down there for now and he saw her trying to spit Something out, and her mouth was a little foamy then he saw a huge spider go up the wall... I swear I just canít win at the moment. I checked her mpith and to get and seems ok, not swollen.. I gave her benedryl immediately and now Iím just watching like a hawk. I mean for the love of god!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads