thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I have heard that in order to induce effectively, you need to do it very quickly after ingestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what i would have thought. Since it had been 24 hours i wasn't sure.. but i did induce yesterday around 6pm and part of that wrapper did come out. He definitely seemed to feel a bit better after that but still not 100%. I am sure there is still more wrapper in there.

This morning at 6am he did try to throw up but nothing really came out. I'm just wondering if i should try to induce again. Like i probably said earlier in the thread, when he swallowed that toy a few months back, it was in his stomach for 2.5 weeks and he was still eating and pooping the whole time yet turned out he had that obstruction..

I am just really afraid the same thing will happen. Inducing was not easy at all either.. Getting that into him took 2 of us and it was not pretty!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I would not induce vomiting at this point...aspiration would be a risk. Call your Vet and have a discussion and create a plan. If he thoroughly chewed on the wrapper then it might be compressed enough to pass through without incident. If he just swallowed it and it's still in crinkled sheet form I seriously doubt that it will pass.
He may end up being a candidate for scope and retrieval.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I would not induce vomiting at this point...aspiration would be a risk. Call your Vet and have a discussion and create a plan. If he thoroughly chewed on the wrapper then it might be compressed enough to pass through without incident. If he just swallowed it and it's still in crinkled sheet form I seriously doubt that it will pass.
He may end up being a candidate for scope and retrieval.

I know, that is what i am afraid of. He did just go alot in the yard i am going to go check it. Hopefully there is more of the evidence.
I will keep you all posted. Thanks so much for always being there.. All of you!!

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Update: so he is pooping and it is pretty normally formed now but still full of suet seeds.. i may have gotten a tiny string of plastic wrapping this morning.. I am just monitoring closely. He is on a bland diet of boiled beef and rice.. and his energy is just ok. not horrible but not totally himself. Will give him a couple more days and hopefully it will clear itself out. if he starts being lethargic we will be going straight to the hospital for the friggin scope. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: so he is pooping and it is pretty normally formed now but still full of suet seeds.. i may have gotten a tiny string of plastic wrapping this morning.. I am just monitoring closely. He is on a bland diet of boiled beef and rice.. and his energy is just ok. not horrible but not totally himself. Will give him a couple more days and hopefully it will clear itself out. if he starts being lethargic we will be going straight to the hospital for the friggin scope. :(

Gang has you covered,, close watch on him and hopefully it all comes out. sending lots of positive thoughts

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Harvey says... I did nothing... I was framed!
618fe030e02d24add5ff4c437bbcb183.jpg

He does seem a bit better today energy wise... poop is getting less seedy... still watching closely!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Harvey says... I did nothing... I was framed!
618fe030e02d24add5ff4c437bbcb183.jpg

He does seem a bit better today energy wise... poop is getting less seedy... still watching closely!

A face of pure innocence!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After seeing what Louie [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] coughed up, personally, I think Harvey be fine.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=18707]thett[/MENTION] OMG I am so sorry just getting to this, CRAZY DAYS and not a ton of time to be with my EBN peeps!! How is everything now????

Sue and Joey

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
After seeing what Louie [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] coughed up, personally, I think Harvey be fine.

I was just going to say...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.