Help!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
So Harvey pushed open a door that must not have been latched and got a hold of a pack of suet bird feed. He ate the whole thing befire i realized he even had it! I assume it's not going to kill him, but i am sure there will be lots if diahreah and throw up in the future., I am only concerned that the fat is enough to cause gastritis.. anyone have thoughts on what i should watch for before freaking out and running to the ER?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I would watch for lethargy, maybe throwing up blood?? Louie ate potting soil a couple years ago and got diarrhea for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I wouldnā€™t worry as it wouldnā€™t be sold all these decades on the market and cause of dead birds. You can even make it yourself. Made out of lard and/or animal fat n seeds. But yes might have diarrhea or vomit a bit but unlikely. Simply keep an eye. Hey good way to get a shiny coat. :)

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thanks all! I am itā€™s keeping a close eye. So far so good. Normal poop and no vomit.
He is snuggling next to me as I watch this little girl cry because their best cousin just let after being here 10 days. They are sad he is gone.
I will surely keep you all posted. Thank you!!
4ad7d094d88bbb288b3ccf61b2857f2f.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Harvey's face is the best... he seems totally unfazed!!! Lol

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Harvey's face is the best... he seems totally unfazed!!! Lol

oh that picture was Stella... harvey was sleeping in my lap. Stella is the good girl around here!!! LOL!!

So.. update: there has been much diahreah of suet and seed..... but what is really concerning me is i never found the plastic wrapper... so now i am really concerned that that is going to be stuck in there.. the last time he ate that toy and we didn't know it, it was a partial obstruction and was there for 2 weeks because he was still eating, pooping etc. Now i am scared. I swear he gives me a run for my money!! i'm going to keep watching for the plastic wrap to come out for another day or 2 but momma is starting to stress!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
oh that picture was Stella... harvey was sleeping in my lap. Stella is the good girl around here!!! LOL!!

So.. update: there has been much diahreah of suet and seed..... but what is really concerning me is i never found the plastic wrapper... so now i am really concerned that that is going to be stuck in there.. the last time he ate that toy and we didn't know it, it was a partial obstruction and was there for 2 weeks because he was still eating, pooping etc. Now i am scared. I swear he gives me a run for my money!! i'm going to keep watching for the plastic wrap to come out for another day or 2 but momma is starting to stress!

Was it a full wrapper or partial? Plastic on them suet is usually very thin unless yours was different. Heā€™ll probably digest it but yes again definitely keep an eye out...

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Was it a full wrapper or partial? Plastic on them suet is usually very thin unless yours was different. Heā€™ll probably digest it but yes again definitely keep an eye out...

It was the full wrapper.. they are thin, but the whole thing is gone.. if it were just a little i wouldn't be so concerned..

He has had diareah several times today and i keep watching for the wrapper, but a bunch of the times he has gone in the house and eats it before i can get to him! He just got put in a pen! He has never been penned in and doesn't know what to make of it.. i had to put the big bed on floor in front of it in case he tries to jump out. He is a jumper and im afraid he will try so just in case.. he has a soft landing.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It was the full wrapper.. they are thin, but the whole thing is gone.. if it were just a little i wouldn't be so concerned..

He has had diareah several times today and i keep watching for the wrapper, but a bunch of the times he has gone in the house and eats it before i can get to him! He just got put in a pen! He has never been penned in and doesn't know what to make of it.. i had to put the big bed on floor in front of it in case he tries to jump out. He is a jumper and im afraid he will try so just in case.. he has a soft landing.

Some here induce vomiting with 2 tablespoons of oral hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes for 3 attempts. But that being said keep your eyes open....

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Some here induce vomiting with 2 tablespoons of oral hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes for 3 attempts. But that being said keep your eyes open....

Omg it was yesterday around 10am when it happened. Do you think inducing is too late at this point? Omg, I am stressing out right now because with all this corona crap, trying to work, Harvey pooping everywhere and trying to eat it and I think Stella just got bit by a spider in our basement! It is finished and my husband has his office set up down there for now and he saw her trying to spit Something out, and her mouth was a little foamy then he saw a huge spider go up the wall... I swear I just canā€™t win at the moment. I checked her mpith and to get and seems ok, not swollen.. I gave her benedryl immediately and now Iā€™m just watching like a hawk. I mean for the love of god! [emoji22]

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Ok now he is in the pen and Iā€™m sitting here watching him.... I think he just threw up a little cuz there are little bird seeds on the flor as I heard him licking. Iā€™m sitting right here and it did not come out the other end. Should I induce?? Maybe itā€™s not too late?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg it was yesterday around 10am when it happened. Do you think inducing is too late at this point? Omg, I am stressing out right now because with all this corona crap, trying to work, Harvey pooping everywhere and trying to eat it and I think Stella just got bit by a spider in our basement! It is finished and my husband has his office set up down there for now and he saw her trying to spit Something out, and her mouth was a little foamy then he saw a huge spider go up the wall... I swear I just canā€™t win at the moment. I checked her mpith and to get and seems ok, not swollen.. I gave her benedryl immediately and now Iā€™m just watching like a hawk. I mean for the love of god! [emoji22]

[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION], [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok now he is in the pen and Iā€™m sitting here watching him.... I think he just threw up a little cuz there are little bird seeds on the flor as I heard him licking. Iā€™m sitting right here and it did not come out the other end. Should I induce?? Maybe itā€™s not too late?

I have heard that in order to induce effectively, you need to do it very quickly after ingestion.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.