Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25

Thread: Help!

  1. #13
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)
    492

    Default Re: Help!

    Ok now he is in the pen and Iím sitting here watching him.... I think he just threw up a little cuz there are little bird seeds on the flor as I heard him licking. Iím sitting right here and it did not come out the other end. Should I induce?? Maybe itís not too late?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  3. #14
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,576
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12878

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    Omg it was yesterday around 10am when it happened. Do you think inducing is too late at this point? Omg, I am stressing out right now because with all this corona crap, trying to work, Harvey pooping everywhere and trying to eat it and I think Stella just got bit by a spider in our basement! It is finished and my husband has his office set up down there for now and he saw her trying to spit Something out, and her mouth was a little foamy then he saw a huge spider go up the wall... I swear I just canít win at the moment. I checked her mpith and to get and seems ok, not swollen.. I gave her benedryl immediately and now Iím just watching like a hawk. I mean for the love of god!
    @oscarmayer, @Manydogs, @2BullyMama

  4. #15
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,567
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    Ok now he is in the pen and Iím sitting here watching him.... I think he just threw up a little cuz there are little bird seeds on the flor as I heard him licking. Iím sitting right here and it did not come out the other end. Should I induce?? Maybe itís not too late?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have heard that in order to induce effectively, you need to do it very quickly after ingestion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Likes helsonwheels, ddnene liked this post
  6. #16
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)
    492

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I have heard that in order to induce effectively, you need to do it very quickly after ingestion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is what i would have thought. Since it had been 24 hours i wasn't sure.. but i did induce yesterday around 6pm and part of that wrapper did come out. He definitely seemed to feel a bit better after that but still not 100%. I am sure there is still more wrapper in there.

    This morning at 6am he did try to throw up but nothing really came out. I'm just wondering if i should try to induce again. Like i probably said earlier in the thread, when he swallowed that toy a few months back, it was in his stomach for 2.5 weeks and he was still eating and pooping the whole time yet turned out he had that obstruction..

    I am just really afraid the same thing will happen. Inducing was not easy at all either.. Getting that into him took 2 of us and it was not pretty!

  7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  8. #17
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,359
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    7115

    Default Re: Help!

    I would not induce vomiting at this point...aspiration would be a risk. Call your Vet and have a discussion and create a plan. If he thoroughly chewed on the wrapper then it might be compressed enough to pass through without incident. If he just swallowed it and it's still in crinkled sheet form I seriously doubt that it will pass.
    He may end up being a candidate for scope and retrieval.

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  9. Likes helsonwheels, ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #18
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)
    492

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    I would not induce vomiting at this point...aspiration would be a risk. Call your Vet and have a discussion and create a plan. If he thoroughly chewed on the wrapper then it might be compressed enough to pass through without incident. If he just swallowed it and it's still in crinkled sheet form I seriously doubt that it will pass.
    He may end up being a candidate for scope and retrieval.
    I know, that is what i am afraid of. He did just go alot in the yard i am going to go check it. Hopefully there is more of the evidence.
    I will keep you all posted. Thanks so much for always being there.. All of you!!

  11. #19
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)
    492

    Default Re: Help!

    Update: so he is pooping and it is pretty normally formed now but still full of suet seeds.. i may have gotten a tiny string of plastic wrapping this morning.. I am just monitoring closely. He is on a bland diet of boiled beef and rice.. and his energy is just ok. not horrible but not totally himself. Will give him a couple more days and hopefully it will clear itself out. if he starts being lethargic we will be going straight to the hospital for the friggin scope.

  12. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  13. #20
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,683
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16814

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    Update: so he is pooping and it is pretty normally formed now but still full of suet seeds.. i may have gotten a tiny string of plastic wrapping this morning.. I am just monitoring closely. He is on a bland diet of boiled beef and rice.. and his energy is just ok. not horrible but not totally himself. Will give him a couple more days and hopefully it will clear itself out. if he starts being lethargic we will be going straight to the hospital for the friggin scope.

    Gang has you covered,, close watch on him and hopefully it all comes out. sending lots of positive thoughts
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  14. Likes thett liked this post
  15. #21
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella, Harvey
    Likes (Received)
    492

    Default Re: Help!

    Harvey says... I did nothing... I was framed!

    He does seem a bit better today energy wise... poop is getting less seedy... still watching closely!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #22
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,683
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16814

    Default Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by thett View Post
    Harvey says... I did nothing... I was framed!

    He does seem a bit better today energy wise... poop is getting less seedy... still watching closely!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A face of pure innocence!!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. Likes thett liked this post
  18. #23
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,576
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12878

    Default Re: Help!

    After seeing what Louie @Cbrugs coughed up, personally, I think Harvey be fine.

  19. Likes thett, Cbrugs liked this post
  20. #24
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,532
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    4288

    Default Re: Help!

    @thett OMG I am so sorry just getting to this, CRAZY DAYS and not a ton of time to be with my EBN peeps!! How is everything now????

    Sue and Joey
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •