Whoa, Coconut Oil Bad ?!?!?!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I do like Dana Scott, dog naturally magazine. But I will have to admit, there are sometimes I personally donā€™t always agree with her. Like essential oils. But.....That being said, ā€œmostā€ of her articles are bang on. This coconut oil article, IMO being on the healthy food industry side, thereā€™s nothing wrong with CO. Great healthy oil. So long you use it raw n not heat it up. I donā€™t feed my dogs CO as none of my dogs ever like it. So I use EVOO as no matter what, itā€™s always in my kitchen:)

BEWARE of this well-known pet magazine. They could be harming your dog's life.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting.... just like eggs, bacon, etcā€” good one day bad the next.. then good again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting.... just like eggs, bacon, etcā€” good one day bad the next.. then good again Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...better not have anyone tell me Wine is bad. Better know how to run fast!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yup...better not have anyone tell me Wine is bad. Better know how to run fast!!!

Lol... youā€™re good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The whole coconut oil controversy is never going to get solved. You can pull out studies how great it is and how bad it is. I personally stopped giving it to Honey because she was gaining too much weight. I mentioned in a previous post I had stopped giving her salmon oil because I thought she was throwing up more, but now I started giving her that again because her allergies seemed to get worse without them and withholding that didn't make a huge difference in her vomiting. The type of protein and time of day seems to matter more with her. She throws up more in the morning. I still have to figure out which proteins are best.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

44076DFC-1D38-4EDB-85E9-A8DBDBD09E2D.jpeg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts