open farm dry food

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ok, Hank has been strictly frozen raw fed for mabie 2 years? what ever,,, cant remember..... so, i wanted to (yes because of this lock down stuff) get a bag of a dry food to alternate a bit just for safety (storage type issue) So, im looking for the best (of course) and I want w/o peas etc.So,,,,,,,,, this open farm has a food sounds good but it has steal cut oats in it. If it were just "oats" i would not even consider i suppose, but wondered if the 'steal cut' were an ok option,,,,,,,, or?????? Im lost. Thinking Acana but was hoping to get delivered and cant find who has that deliverable. Suggestions? I do have some freeze dried available, but just want this anyway.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Open Farm is a good brand! And I know some raw feeders that will add either steel cut oats, brown sprouted rice or quinoa to their raw to help with the cost of meat and they are low glycemic options. Jax canā€™t eat kibble but I thought if for some reason I ran out of raw and couldnā€™t get it, Louie would be eating kibble. Iā€™ve looked at Open Farm before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hi Hankster ! Welcome back ! i put in a big order with my local raw pet food supplier recently and they had no problem delivering it. It looks like a good dog food, but if it was my dog I'd rather stockpile dehydrated raw eg. honest kitchen , spot farm, easyraw etc. than regular kibble

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks guys!!! I did order some dehydrated , and a med bag of orijen 6 fish as he used to eat that and did well. Lordy i will be glad when this 'issue' passes. We cant even get meat right now at most stores so cant even throw together stuff if it gets worse. Im in *NO* fear mode, but this boy would not be happy cutting his meals ;) And [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION],,, i crack up at myself.. when i need something, i sure know where to go for help :) Love it here!!!!!!!!! miss it!!!!!! But have been popping in and out a bit as of late. Such a great smart Bulldog lovin place to be :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the gang.... our raw also has oats in it and as back up I have a box of THK, but our provider shipped without issue to us so we are good for a month now. I may order more just to be safe

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks guys!!! I did order some dehydrated , and a med bag of orijen 6 fish as he used to eat that and did well. Lordy i will be glad when this 'issue' passes. We cant even get meat right now at most stores so cant even throw together stuff if it gets worse. Im in *NO* fear mode, but this boy would not be happy cutting his meals ;) And [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION],,, i crack up at myself.. when i need something, i sure know where to go for help :) Love it here!!!!!!!!! miss it!!!!!! But have been popping in and out a bit as of late. Such a great smart Bulldog lovin place to be :)

Orijen 6 fish is great stuff!! 85% wild caught fish from Canada, 15% fruits n veggies and thatā€™s it... then you have by the same company, Acana and so far are the only ones that has the highest protein count in meat protein n not legumes. Legumes comes out between 3-7%. 60 and up in meat protein, some fruits etc. Why if I had to go with kibbles would be no brainer. Also, if heā€™s eating dehydrated, dont forget to add something during the day or so to chew on like chicken neck or marrow bones. For his teeth. Or if you mix the kibbles with the dehydrated is something to chew on... :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.