General Question Small batch patties?-Raw

Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Just started Max on small batch diet, he was on acana duck/pear for a long time. Transition has been going smooth, well I went cold turkey but he seems to be doing alright. Has anyone ever used this?

OP
Maxthebulldog1210
Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Small batch duck patties

Hello just curious to know if anyone had used this. I went from acana one kibble to this in hopes of improving seasonal skin issues and the smell some bulldogs posses. Also the amount of poop I pick up.

Duplicate post not sure how to delete

My internet isnā€™t good right now

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I use a variety of commercial brands and Small Batch is one of them. Itā€™s a good brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Re: Small batch duck patties

Hello just curious to know if anyone had used this. I went from acana one kibble to this in hopes of improving seasonal skin issues and the smell some bulldogs posses. Also the amount of poop I pick up.

Duplicate post not sure how to delete

My internet isnā€™t good right now

If you want a quality kibble, Acana is the one. It sure wouldnā€™t bother me picking up amounts of poop when I know I have top quality. Now what do you mean by duck patties? Theyā€™re frozen patties? My dogs use to eat Acana but a couple yearā€™s ago I started raw. Sure donā€™t regret it.

All dogs will poop way more on kibbles. That being said, how old is your dog n how much do you feed him and thatā€™s counting treats?

OP
Maxthebulldog1210
Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max

If you want a quality kibble, Acana is the one. It sure wouldnā€™t bother me picking up amounts of poop when I know I have top quality. Now what do you mean by duck patties? Theyā€™re frozen patties? My dogs use to eat Acana but a couple yearā€™s ago I started raw. Sure donā€™t regret it.

All dogs will poop way more on kibbles. That being said, how old is your dog n how much do you feed him and thatā€™s counting treats?

He is only 1 yr 3 mo but this raw food is in the shape of burger patties. He is doing well on it thus far.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

He is only 1 yr 3 mo but this raw food is in the shape of burger patties. He is doing well on it thus far.

If you are going to continue feeding raw, it is suggested that you rotate between at least 3 proteins. You can even rotate with different brands.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

My dog poops just as much as before on the frozen raw, and almost always twice daily, as I give her steamed green beans or canned pumpkin for fibre and to fill her up.

OP
Maxthebulldog1210
Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max

If you are going to continue feeding raw, it is suggested that you rotate between at least 3 proteins. You can even rotate with different brands.

Thx for letting me know that. I know they have other options but I will go to a different protein next.

OP
Maxthebulldog1210
Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max

My dog poops just as much as before on the frozen raw, and almost always twice daily, as I give her steamed green beans or canned pumpkin for fibre and to fill her up.

He will eat it but I can tell he misses acana kibble

From the speed of how slow he eats this

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

My dog wolfs down her entire raw food breakfast and dinner in about 2 min, then moves her bowl aside and licks the ground under her bowl in case something spilled. Then she sits in front of the fridge hoping for more food. Then if she throws up she eats that up :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

My dog wolfs down her entire raw food breakfast and dinner in about 2 min, then moves her bowl aside and licks the ground under her bowl in case something spilled. Then she sits in front of the fridge hoping for more food. Then if she throws up she eats that up :)

You just described my two as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

As mentioned do rotation every month or 2 as it avoids allergies. Bare in mind itā€™s about one pound of raw for a 50lb dog.

Youā€™re doing a good thing!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online