General Question Best chew toys for mental stimulation

Feb 24, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I'm wondering what chew toys are best for mental stimulation. I have a 10 week old puppy and I want to keep her busy. So far she has a KONG, nylabones, bully sticks, west paw treat dispenser, and an antler shed. I want some "games" for her so she doesn't get bored. She loves tug-of-war and it tires her out but I would like to give her options.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm wondering what chew toys are best for mental stimulation. I have a 10 week old puppy and I want to keep her busy. So far she has a KONG, nylabones, bully sticks, west paw treat dispenser, and an antler shed. I want some "games" for her so she doesn't get bored. She loves tug-of-war and it tires her out but I would like to give her options.

Hello n welcome!! To keep her busy for hours is raw frozen marrow bones. Have it cut to her size like 3ā€ length. Raw marrow is one one the best probiotic, minerals content for any immune system. Helps fight allergies as it builds up the immune system. Make sure itā€™s like the photo attached n not the joint parts. Joint parts makes poop crumb n dry...

AB18E3A7-DCF0-4EDE-BF44-9195ADFB1BF7.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... marrow bones!! We used the Kong wobbler too, put treats/ kibble in and add something that cause pieces to be blocked and slow dispense.

Get rid of the bully sticks.. chocking hazard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good advice here. When Castor was a pup we hid treats in empty cardboard boxes and rolls, which he thought was great fun. We started out with a piece oif kibble in an empty paper roll that we folded so that the kibble wouldn't escape. When he had got used to those, we hid them behind doors, for instance, and encouraged him to seek for them. Now, he's soon seven, and not very interested in such play, but as a pup he loved it!

I'm not sure how important this is (and I know different people have different ways of playing/interacting with their dogs), but I actually would be a bit hesitant to engage in tug-of-war play. You might not want a full-sized bulldog to hang on to things, so unless you train her to let go on your command, I would avoid tug-of-war activities. Even a gentle soul like Castor has enormous power in his jaws. He is a bit stubborn (or perhaps not well trained enough!) and actually doesn't let go at all times, but I can always put my hand in his mouth and pull out a stick or ball. If he had been allowed or encouraged to hang on to things, I'm not sure I would have liked to stick my fingers into that massive mouth.

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
F53C7CA8-A3A6-4138-9201-78DC60B79E82.jpeg hereā€™s Bella at 4 months chewing a cig butt, thatā€™ll give emā€™ some stimulation!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
View attachment 118566 hereā€™s Bella at 4 months chewing a cig butt, thatā€™ll give emā€™ some stimulation!

LOL cute, maybe you could light one up for her and share a cigar? Just kidding, the nicotine in cigarette butts and cigars etc is poisonous to dogs if ingested, especially if chewed. It'd be safer if she smoked one.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online