RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
0272.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE HER.... straight up knowledge

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great clip, thanks for sharing. What it comes down to is don't feed your dog kibble, or even dehydrated raw if your dog has obesity,allergies,yeast, or cancer, or if you are worried this could happen. Examples of the highest quality kibbles and dehydrated raw carbohydrate content (from Dogfoodadvisor):

Fromm Four Stars Grain Free: 41%
Acana Singles: 38%
Earthborne Holistics Venture: 34 %
Zignature: 43%
Honest Kitchen Dehydrated: 47%
Spot Farms Grain Free dehydrated: 47%

Compare this to a couple of frozen raw BARF diet products ( it would be zero percent for a PREY diet ):
Tuckers: 15%
Answers Detailed: 20%

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] nice to see you back n thanks for the math. Is your calculations base on per feeding or bag or??? Not sure how you did it. :)

Basically might as well stick to raw period.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] nice to see you back n thanks for the math. Is your calculations base on per feeding or bag or??? Not sure how you did it. :)

Basically might as well stick to raw period.

Thanks !! I didn't calculate, just used the carbohydrate percentages listed in dogfoodadvisor.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but I find the past year dog food advisor is a bit off in their ratings of best dog food. Iā€™m wondering if they are diverting towards the big hype of taurine issue.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but I find the past year dog food advisor is a bit off in their ratings of best dog food. Iā€™m wondering if they are diverting towards the big hype of taurine issue.

I hadn't noticed, but I like using dogfoodadvisor more for people's comments posted below the review, and for the product composition break down. I think you just need to know what products to avoid- ie. byproducts, animal fat,salt, preservatives (BHT,BHA, Ethoxyquin) ,beef and bone meal, artificial and natural sweetners, propylene glycol and excessive protein from non meat sources. Now that the major manufacturers like Fromm are starting to add taurine to their kibble we don't have to worry about the peas and lentils etc. blocking it.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I hadn't noticed, but I like using dogfoodadvisor more for people's comments posted below the review, and for the product composition break down. I think you just need to know what products to avoid- ie. byproducts, animal fat,salt, preservatives (BHT,BHA, Ethoxyquin) ,beef and bone meal, artificial and natural sweetners, propylene glycol and excessive protein from non meat sources. Now that the major manufacturers like Fromm are starting to add taurine to their kibble we don't have to worry about the peas and lentils etc. blocking it.

Acana also has taurine. Now they also have 2 new flavors n pumpkin from someoneā€™s post. :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Acana also has taurine. Now they also have 2 new flavors n pumpkin from someoneā€™s post. :)

I was just remembering when the cleanlabelproject came out with their report on heavy metal contamination of dog food, and most of the expensive brands were bad offenders. Canidae in USA and Canisource in Canada seemed to do well. They claimed that turkey was least contaminated and fish based were most contaminated. https://www.cleanlabelproject.org/product_category/dry-dog-food/

Another reason to switch to frozen raw dog food ( and to avoid fish protein based dog food ) !

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.