Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Pretty interesting. One thing I note is that all the pea products are in the red which is considered the "dangerous" category. Yet all of the high quality grain free kibbles have multiple pea products. And we all know that all kibbles need some form of starch and carbs. So I guess you have to pick your poison when feeding kibbles. At the end when Louie was still getting kibble for a meal, I was trying to stay away from all the pea products as that is just not my favorite "starch" and his paws were getting so yeasty.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
starch like in humans food isnā€™t good. But yes youā€™re right a lot of kibbles mostly all uses starch. Why stick to raw:)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dr Beckerā€™s input

My Recommendation: Feed Your Pet a Grain- and Starch-Free Species-Appropriate Diet

Feeding a species-appropriate diet means the food you offer your pet:

Is grain-free and carb-free ā€” no corn, no wheat, no rice, no millet, no oatmeal, no potato, no sweet potato, no tapioca, no peas, etc.
Is in its biologically correct form ā€” raw, whole, unadulterated and undenatured meat
Contains all the moisture needed for your pet's body to process the food with very little metabolic stress
My first recommendation is to feed a raw-food diet. It's grain-free, moisture-rich, living, and of course, fresh. My alternative recommendation is canned food or a gently dehydrated (air-dried) raw food that can be reconstituted with water to contain at least 70 percent moisture. For additional recommendations, read ā€œFrom Best to Worst ā€” My New Rankings of 13 Pet Foods.ā€

The difference between air dehydrated foods and extruded foods is temperature. Foods that arenā€™t cooked or extruded at high temperatures retain more nutritional value. When air-dried foods are reconstituted with water, they also become moisture-rich and significantly healthier than any dry kibble on the market.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.