Help Needed! Bulldog poops massive amounts

Hauserts

Jan 5, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Rusty
Hi, my 7 mo old English Bulldog loves to poop in our garage. Regardless if the door is open. AND he poops massive amounts.
I feed Iams dog chow.

Please help 20200105_105121.jpg20200105_141013.jpg20200105_105121.jpg20200105_141013.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, my 7 mo old English Bulldog loves to poop in our garage. Regardless if the door is open. AND he poops massive amounts.
I feed Iams dog chow.Please help View attachment 118252View attachment 118253View attachment 118252View attachment 118253

Hello n welcome!!!

Thatā€™s your problem right there... Iams dog chow. itā€™s full of grains. By products are left overs of meat thatā€™s NOT human grade!!!! Absolutely get him off that Iams. Also stay away from Science Hill, Royal Canin n Purina. If you do a search in here, you will find great food posts.

What are the ingredients in Iams dog food?
Ingredients: Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Dried Egg Product, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Caramel, Flax Meal, Choline Chloride, ...

Get him on the right feeding track n start with a higher quality kibble like Acana, Zignature, Fromm..... If you can go raw youā€™ll avoid a lot of allergies ā€œifā€ any, they poop a lot less....

Acana does single protein bags n once youā€™re done with the bag take another flavour protein. Rotate your proteins n your puppy will again avoid a lot of food allergies later on. His body will get use to all meat. Rotation is the key. Start with Duck as itā€™s easier to digest... :)

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/animal-by-products/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I feed Iams dog chow.

Please help View attachment 118252View attachment 118253View attachment 118252View attachment 118253

pooing in garage is just different, but the amounts is definitely due to the bad food. Ianā€™s is all grain and filler, no real nutritional vavlue.

look into a high quality kibble or if you are willing, go raw which is best.

From,
Zingnature
Acana
Orijen
Earthborn holistic

are a few of the high quality options

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
As suggested, I would switch to a higher quality kibble.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Holy crap!
Thatā€™s a lot of poooooooo!!
[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
JEEEEEZ!!!! That's equal to a 7-Coiler! I hope nobody was around when that happened...could have been deadly to people, pets, vegetation!
Better food will help transition Colonel Crap-a-Mound to Pvt. Pinch-a-Loaf.
I'm going to guess that he's still on Puppy food. At his age he's ready for adult food. If he's under 50 lbs feed 1-1/4 Cups twice daily. Over 50...dial it back a bit. Adjust as necessary.
I'd be inclined to just make the switch without a transition. In doing so, you may notice soft stools for a couple of weeks while he gets used to the new stuff. Don't be alarmed...that should be expected.
He's a beautiful boy...really like his Brindle markings...stunning!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
BTW, I see in the pic(not the poop-pic) a lot of smallish plastic toys. If they are left laying around do not be surprised if they start disappearing and then reappearing later...encased in poop. Bulldogs are notorious for eating things they shouldn't. Some of those things cause blockages...that can lead to surgery, expensive surgery. I recommend not leaving toys and plastic bits around for him to get at should he become bored or curious...or periodically possesses a penchant for plastic. OK...say that 3 times!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.