cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Have any of you fed your bullies the frozen yogurt you can get at your regular fro yo shop? like here, we have Penguins and Yogurtland, amongst other places i love to go to...but wondering if i can feed this to Tate?

I came across this article on people food
20 Pet Friendly People Foods Safe for Dogs : 101 Dog Care Tips- Tip 84 | Best Bully Sticks Healthy Dog Blog

you can give to your dog and they do mention fro yo in it but sounds like it's best to stick w/sugar free. I'm just wondering if it's okay to give our pups sugar substitutes like Splenda or Equal tho since the sugar free stuff usually contains this.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am not sure but you know they make doggy ice cream right? Its called frosty paws and is carried in the freezer section by the reg ice cream.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Honestly, I don't know if Splenda and Equal are okay for dogs but I wouldn't give it to my dogs; those sugar substitutes give me a stomach ache. You could freeze some plain yogurt at home! Tate would love that!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..my daughter has given frosty paws to her golden..we used to let our dobie clean up all our frozen yogurt cups..but she had an iron clad stomach..in one day she ate 8 avocados and 2 oranges!! Didn't skip a beat! Not sure if bullies' tummies would be ok with it..hope some brave person tries it for the rest of us!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not sure but you know they make doggy ice cream right? Its called frosty paws and is carried in the freezer section by the reg ice cream.

Nope, I never knew there was...I will definitely check this out this weekend. Thanks!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Honestly, I don't know if Splenda and Equal are okay for dogs but I wouldn't give it to my dogs; those sugar substitutes give me a stomach ache. You could freeze some plain yogurt at home! Tate would love that!

freezing plain yogurt sounds like a good idea; maybe i'll add some pineapple bits to it and see how what Tate thinks. (if he doesn't like it, i'll eat it for him)!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wouldn't give sugar or sugar substitutes as well. It may be too much on top of the sugar in the fruits and vegetables you give him as treats that it might lead to doggy diabetes, which is not unheard of.

Some people freeze pumpkin, yogurt and even cottage cheese, which are great for those sunny days.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I do know the sweetener xylitol that they put in sugarless gum is poisonous for dogs..don't think I would take a chance with any sweeteners.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I do know the sweetener xylitol that they put in sugarless gum is poisonous for dogs..don't think I would take a chance with any sweeteners.

Oh thats right! I remember an article coming out a bit back about poisonous artificial sweetners! I would avoid giving the fro yo all together but if you want to do something freeze cubes of fat free plain yogurt.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would be hesitant to give my bullies frozen yogurt because of the potential harm from artificial sweetners but also, I've had some very "unpleasant" experiences from feeding my bullies too much dairy. One scoop of plain yogurt or cottage cheese is different that giving them a bowl of ice cream or yogurt. Right after Bentley died, I dabbled in giving Linus ice cream and frozen yogurt. Not only did his allergies not react well to it, he had trouble digesting all that rich dairy and was absolutely foul for days - and Linus typically has an iron stomach.

If you decide to try it, moderation is key!

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
What fruits and veggies does everyones bullies like the best? I'm thinking of mixing some fruit in with the yogurt/cottage cheese that i'm giving Rosie, but not sure which to try?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
What fruits and veggies does everyones bullies like the best? I'm thinking of mixing some fruit in with the yogurt/cottage cheese that i'm giving Rosie, but not sure which to try?

For veggies I like to give Samson tomatoes, green beans, carrots and broccoli. For fruit I have given him blueberries, apples slices and bananas. Plain fat free yogurt and cottage cheese are both always nice to add, so is pumpkin (the 100% canned pumpkin, not the pie filling), just remember moderation is key with that stuff. Like when I add any of it to Sam's food I just use about 2 spoon fulls.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.