Bored

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi all,

Just a question. Do your pups get bored of their kibble? Bruce has always just had kibble but every now and again he will just stop eating it.

Is it because he is bored? I add egg or wet food to the kibble and he just picks this out and leaves the kibble Haha

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hmmmmm, Joey (almost 5 years old) always finishes her kibble HOWEVER over the years I've had to add a little something to it, like shredded cheese, peanut butter, etc BUT she always eats the kibble too. Joey my first bully so I don't know if they do become bored. Sit tight though, several folks here are EXPERTS when it comes to pup's food.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk still loves her kibble, but there are some days where she will hardly eat anything at all. No worries - they will eat when they need to - at least Punk does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As Annie states, they will eat when hungry . At eight months you can begin to move him to adult food if still feeding puppy food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
As long as they are not ill, my vet always told me they will eat when they get hungry. My dogs are always hungry,but dogs eat better when they have competition! If mine refused a meal I would worry.Sometimes an only dog(Bullies are extremely wise)will "test" you to see if you come up with something better! As long as you know he is fine beware-he will train you to bribe him and you will be trying everything!!!! Soon [MENTION=19086]Amy89[/MENTION] Bruce will have you trained the way he wants you! dogbisc.png

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
As long as they are not ill, my vet always told me they will eat when they get hungry. My dogs are always hungry,but dogs eat better when they have competition! If mine refused a meal I would worry.Sometimes an only dog(Bullies are extremely wise)will "test" you to see if you come up with something better! As long as you know he is fine beware-he will train you to bribe him and you will be trying everything!!!! Soon [MENTION=19086]Amy89[/MENTION] Bruce will have you trained the way he wants you! View attachment 118170

That's great thank you. My cat does that wont we for a few days coz she knows I'll get the chicken or tuna out.

I will just put his food down and hopefully he will eat it when he gets hungry

BabyFarrahsmommy

Sep 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farrah
Farrah does this too, she will sit and pick at her food while looking at me, just in case I might be thinking about opening the fridge, or the treat cupboard. If she hears the fridge, the silverware drawer (cuz I might be getting ready to peel an apple) or the microwave open she's running to the kitchen. Even if she's sound asleep and snoring.

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
He has just eaten a full pigs ear. It was all soggy from chewing and sucking and now it has gone down in 1.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He has just eaten a full pigs ear. It was all soggy from chewing and sucking and now it has gone down in 1.

Oh my!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Amy89

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
He's only eating once a day at the minute. Wont touch any kibble till tea time

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Pig ears were recalled for Salmonella. Besides that, any kind of rawhide product is very dangerous for dogs, for choking, or possible blockage. I would not give it at all. Besides the danger, that would interfere with his appetite,like a blob in his stomach. [MENTION=19086]Amy89[/MENTION]

Most Reactions