GREENIES??

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Are those GREENIE treats OK? I looked them up but it just says "natural ingredients". Have a neighbor that tries to give one to Jackson every day, I just take it and tell her he will eat it later.
Any thoughts??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
natural ingredients or natural flavor = some kind of chemicals, wheat flour, wheat gluten, glycerin, gelatin, oat fiber, water, lecithin, natural poultry flavor... A few years back it was published: Greenies, become lodged in a dog's esophagus or intestine and then some veterinarians say they don't break down. Also, I sure wouldnā€™t give anything that look green that has absolutely no mentioned anywhere where the colour green comes from. Just tell your neighbour heā€™s allergic to wheat as main ingredient is wheat.

What you can do so Jackson likes his neighbour, at Costco they sell a bag of dry liver. Blue bag. Itā€™s only that one ingredient. Here in Canada itā€™s like $10 but in the US is probably $8. I would buy her a bag so when she sees Jackson she can give him that treat instead. Also it might help her lose the greenies n buy something healthier for her dogs. Just a thought.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Thankyou! My thoughts exactly on how did they get green!!:bad:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
natural ingredients or natural flavor = some kind of chemicals, wheat flour, wheat gluten, glycerin, gelatin, oat fiber, water, lecithin, natural poultry flavor... A few years back it was published: Greenies, become lodged in a dog's esophagus or intestine and then some veterinarians say they don't break down. Also, I sure wouldnā€™t give anything that look green that has absolutely no mentioned anywhere where the colour green comes from. Just tell your neighbour heā€™s allergic to wheat as main ingredient is wheat.

What you can do so Jackson likes his neighbour, at Costco they sell a bag of dry liver. Blue bag. Itā€™s only that one ingredient. Here in Canada itā€™s like $10 but in the US is probably $8. I would buy her a bag so when she sees Jackson she can give him that treat instead. Also it might help her lose the greenies n buy something healthier for her dogs. Just a thought.

Agreed- here is the link to the liver treats
https://www.costco.com/Chewmasters-Freeze-Dried-Beef-Liver-Bites-17.6-oz%2C-2-pack.product.100146977.html

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It works for me .....

I just tried it n works now. And those arenā€™t the ones I buy. Mind itā€™s a Made in Canada bag. Probably why. Itā€™s long stripes of dry liver n you break the stripes yourself as they are like 5-7ā€ long.

Members online

No members online now.