mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
@helsonwheels [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
I have done some further research on Fromm's puppy Gold and this is what I found: Protein ingredients are not limited to 1 protein as I thought. They list Chicken, fish meal, chicken liver, duck lamb and egg.
That said, should I still try another single protein to alternate with the puppy kibble ( Fromm's of course).
Just want to do the right thing, I had such a nightmare with Bogey and allergies because we got off to a bad start. Don't want to make the same mistake twice!
Thanks so much for all your help and advice!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have done some further research on Fromm's puppy Gold and this is what I found: Protein ingredients are not limited to 1 protein as I thought. They list Chicken, fish meal, chicken liver, duck lamb and egg.
That said, should I still try another single protein to alternate with the puppy kibble ( Fromm's of course).
Just want to do the right thing, I had such a nightmare with Bogey and allergies because we got off to a bad start. Don't want to make the same mistake twice!
[MENTION=19086]Amy89[/MENTION] a thread you also can follow n UK carries Acana :)

All puppy food always have more than one protein which very often itā€™s going to be chicken for sure. You can stay on that puppy food for another month if you want but like we all said previously do rotations. On your puppy food list so far heā€™s doing good with chicken n Duck. Next bag find another one flavour like pork or beef. Etc. Bare in mind allergies are not just from protein. It can be from the veggies in the bag. Like potatoes can be one. Also now that you just noticed what the ingredients and always read before buying is a good habit to get into, be aware that some companies will say example 30% of protein but in reality they are calculating legumes as legumes are full of protein. Meaning your dog is not getting their 30% of ā€œmeatā€ from protein. Why itā€™s important to read n do the math. Why I like Acana as they do the breakdown of each ingredients plus they add tripe in their kibbles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes, most of your puppy formulas will have mixed proteins which is why a lot of companies use the word formula. If you want to stick with Fromm as a puppy using the one bag should not be much concern I did it with Lambeau using the puppy gold believe itā€™s a pink bag it was a red meat blend I didnā€™t use the chicken one it was I think heartland gold. He did really well and then I eventually switched to raw due to his environmental allergies and his seasonal flank alopecia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes, most of your puppy formulas will have mixed proteins which is why a lot of companies use the word formula. If you want to stick with rooms as a puppy using the one bag should not be much concern I did it with Lambo using the puppy gold believe itā€™s a pink bag it was a red meat blend I didnā€™t use the chicken one it was I think heartland gold. He did really well and then I eventually switched to Rall due to his environmental allergies and his seasonal flank alopecia

I eventually switched to Rall !!! Must be delicious! Haha haha... hell I often do re-read.. I so get you lolll

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I eventually switched to Rall !!! Must be delicious! Haha haha... hell I often do re-read.. I so get you lolll

I was talking instead of typing... damn Philly accent!

revill

Aug 9, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Buell
so are you guys saying fromm gold is no good?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
so are you guys saying fromm gold is no good?

Not at all... it is a great food.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yes, most of your puppy formulas will have mixed proteins which is why a lot of companies use the word formula. If you want to stick with rooms as a puppy using the one bag should not be much concern I did it with Lambeau using the puppy gold believe itā€™s a pink bag it was a red meat blend I didnā€™t use the chicken one it was I think heartland gold. He did really well and then I eventually switched to raw due to his environmental allergies and his seasonal flank alopecia.

Didn't you use the Heartland Gold Puppy Grain-Free?
Ingredients:
Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat, Salmon Oil, Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Didn't you use the Heartland Gold Puppy Grain-Free?
Ingredients:
Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat, Salmon Oil, Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics.

Yep.. that is the one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.