Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

  1. #1
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,579
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11623

    Default Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    Here’s some good research on all 3 feeding methods. Interesting link.

    https://healthypets.mercola.com/site...-dog-food.aspx


    @RiiSi any thoughts on The DOGRISK program?

  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #2
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,870
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    3094

    Default Re: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    It's an on going study and I have taken part to it too in the beginning. They even promised to send evaluations on my dogs diet, but it never came. No time, no money ...etc ... Anyways, it's an important study and I find it funny that some people find it even the least unpredictable that raw food is better than prosessed.

  4. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  5. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,579
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11623

    Default Re: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    It's an on going study and I have taken part to it too in the beginning. They even promised to send evaluations on my dogs diet, but it never came. No time, no money ...etc ... Anyways, it's an important study and I find it funny that some people find it even the least unpredictable that raw food is better than prosessed.
    Humans are a special breed on it’s own. Media plays such a huge role on brainwashing. Many many moons ago like my grand parents days a dog would get whatever is left from the family’s supper and back then there wasn’t any process food either. Why they lived longer. Nowadays, kibbles is an easy fast way to feed a dog cause everyone is too busy. But you’re absolutely right, you simply can’t compare process with raw/fresh.

  6. Likes RiiSi, 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #4
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,666
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    1699

    Default Re: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    @helsonwheels It mentions in the article that the raw food group had more beneficial flora in their gut than the kibble fed group. So it probably isn't important for those of us feeding the raw diet to be supplementing with probiotics unless our dogs are on antibiotics. Although it won't hurt.

  8. #5
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,579
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11623

    Default Re: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    @helsonwheels It mentions in the article that the raw food group had more beneficial flora in their gut than the kibble fed group. So it probably isn't important for those of us feeding the raw diet to be supplementing with probiotics unless our dogs are on antibiotics. Although it won't hurt.
    Exactly. Raw is full of probiotics especially if there’s tripe in it. And yes definitely any dogs on meds absolutely needs probiotics. I do give about once a week fermented sauerkraut or some sort of fermentation food to my 2. If someone is feeding half kibbles n half raw I would add some sort of probiotic 2 maybe 3 a week. I look at Jake or even when I had Duke, their white face is so white. People think I bathe them often which I so don’t do that. Raw is definitely the way to go if you want to get rid of tear stains, yeast smells n all. But they still need wiping them folds dry...

  9. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #6
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,666
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    1699

    Default Re: Kibbles, Raw & Fresh Food

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Exactly. Raw is full of probiotics especially if there’s tripe in it. And yes definitely any dogs on meds absolutely needs probiotics. I do give about once a week fermented sauerkraut or some sort of fermentation food to my 2. If someone is feeding half kibbles n half raw I would add some sort of probiotic 2 maybe 3 a week. I look at Jake or even when I had Duke, their white face is so white. People think I bathe them often which I so don’t do that. Raw is definitely the way to go if you want to get rid of tear stains, yeast smells n all. But they still need wiping them folds dry...
    My raw fed dog doesn't have a yeasty smell, but I can't say she smells good. She's fairly oily and her smell comes back a few days after a bath. It's not terrible though. The only carbs she gets are the bit of fruit inside a complete formula raw meal or when I give her a piece of apple or orange.

  11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •