RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's an on going study and I have taken part to it too in the beginning. They even promised to send evaluations on my dogs diet, but it never came. No time, no money ...etc ... Anyways, it's an important study and I find it funny that some people find it even the least unpredictable that raw food is better than prosessed.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
It's an on going study and I have taken part to it too in the beginning. They even promised to send evaluations on my dogs diet, but it never came. No time, no money ...etc ... Anyways, it's an important study and I find it funny that some people find it even the least unpredictable that raw food is better than prosessed.

Humans are a special breed on itā€™s own. Media plays such a huge role on brainwashing. Many many moons ago like my grand parents days a dog would get whatever is left from the familyā€™s supper and back then there wasnā€™t any process food either. Why they lived longer. Nowadays, kibbles is an easy fast way to feed a dog cause everyone is too busy. But youā€™re absolutely right, you simply canā€™t compare process with raw/fresh.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] It mentions in the article that the raw food group had more beneficial flora in their gut than the kibble fed group. So it probably isn't important for those of us feeding the raw diet to be supplementing with probiotics unless our dogs are on antibiotics. Although it won't hurt.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] It mentions in the article that the raw food group had more beneficial flora in their gut than the kibble fed group. So it probably isn't important for those of us feeding the raw diet to be supplementing with probiotics unless our dogs are on antibiotics. Although it won't hurt.

Exactly. Raw is full of probiotics especially if thereā€™s tripe in it. And yes definitely any dogs on meds absolutely needs probiotics. I do give about once a week fermented sauerkraut or some sort of fermentation food to my 2. If someone is feeding half kibbles n half raw I would add some sort of probiotic 2 maybe 3 a week. I look at Jake or even when I had Duke, their white face is so white. People think I bathe them often which I so donā€™t do that. Raw is definitely the way to go if you want to get rid of tear stains, yeast smells n all. But they still need wiping them folds dry...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Exactly. Raw is full of probiotics especially if thereā€™s tripe in it. And yes definitely any dogs on meds absolutely needs probiotics. I do give about once a week fermented sauerkraut or some sort of fermentation food to my 2. If someone is feeding half kibbles n half raw I would add some sort of probiotic 2 maybe 3 a week. I look at Jake or even when I had Duke, their white face is so white. People think I bathe them often which I so donā€™t do that. Raw is definitely the way to go if you want to get rid of tear stains, yeast smells n all. But they still need wiping them folds dry...

My raw fed dog doesn't have a yeasty smell, but I can't say she smells good. She's fairly oily and her smell comes back a few days after a bath. It's not terrible though. The only carbs she gets are the bit of fruit inside a complete formula raw meal or when I give her a piece of apple or orange.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.