mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Hi all!!
For all you food guru's out there: Jackson, our 8 week old pup came home with us yesterday.:p Breeder has him on Fromm's Puppy. Was glancing thru the latest posts on dog ratings and on Food Advisor it did not even make the list!! Are you still rating this as a good dog food? To refresh your memory, 7 years ago when we got Bogey, the same breeder had her pups on Eukanuba. I knew this was not good and slowly switched him to Fromms puppy and the wild ride started. It took almost the full year to find the right food for him! He has SO many GI issues! We tried EVERYTHING! Finally found one he tolerated and has been on it since ( will be 7 next month). So, advice on Fromms please! Pup is tolerating it well. Hoping it is still up there with your food recommendations. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION], it’s a good puppy kibbles. I personally would go with Acana n since yours is a puppy, it’s the best time to rotate the proteins to avoid future allergies. Every month I rotated proteins n to this days none dogs ever had food allergies. You’re introducing new proteins so the body won’t go into defense mode n you’ll have a dog that can eat anything without issues. It will also help on environmental allergies. Also Acana adds tripe which is a very good. probiotic.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! By rotating proteins do you mean buying a different flavor every month? Does the puppy kibble come in different proteins? Could I do the same with Fromms?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! By rotating proteins do you mean buying a different flavor every month? Does the puppy kibble come in different proteins? Could I do the same with Fromms?

Fromm is a great food, I used it for years without issue and was able to switch between flavors without a transition period. Go grain free ... we used puppy, then pork and peas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We STILL use Fromm's... don't believe all the hype, and YES I talked to my vet at length about all of this nonsense!!! We used Fromm's puppy for years, no issues...

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thankyou! I was thrilled to see she uses Fromm's, and really don't want to start switching especially with all the trouble Ihad with Bogey!
We STILL use Fromm's... don't believe all the hype, and YES I talked to my vet at length about all of this nonsense!!! We used Fromm's puppy for years, no issues...

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online