Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should I feed Duff?

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member RalphieBoy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emmitt
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How much should I feed Duff?

Nope, no leg pulling.

2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tango
    Likes (Received)

When I got my 13 month, 60 lb. boy from the breeder, she provided me a bag of Victor High Pro Plus kibble food and said I should only give him 1 cup / once per day. Reading the Victor feeding guide, they recommend 3 1/3 cups / day. At the breeder, his activity was more limited, he had a kennel with a 30 foot run. Now that he is with us, his new "sister", a Labradoodle (looks more like a Standard Poodle) keeps him hopping in the backyard; at 7 months she is kind a hyperactive nuisance. I have to constantly call her off to give him a break to come back inside with the A/C and cool tile floors.
    He still gets the Victor kibble, but a reduced portion, and now mixed with a cooked chicken tenderloin or thigh, and/or an egg, or an occasional liver; and is fed twice/day, both morning and night. He is a little chunky now (65 lbs), but it has been a hot humid summer, and he & I just started taking our walks again about two nights ago. Neither one of us likes the heat much.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Swirley View Post
    When I got my 13 month, 60 lb. boy from the breeder, she provided me a bag of Victor High Pro Plus kibble food and said I should only give him 1 cup / once per day. Reading the Victor feeding guide, they recommend 3 1/3 cups / day. At the breeder, his activity was more limited, he had a kennel with a 30 foot run. Now that he is with us, his new "sister", a Labradoodle (looks more like a Standard Poodle) keeps him hopping in the backyard; at 7 months she is kind a hyperactive nuisance. I have to constantly call her off to give him a break to come back inside with the A/C and cool tile floors.
    He still gets the Victor kibble, but a reduced portion, and now mixed with a cooked chicken tenderloin or thigh, and/or an egg, or an occasional liver; and is fed twice/day, both morning and night. He is a little chunky now (65 lbs), but it has been a hot humid summer, and he & I just started taking our walks again about two nights ago. Neither one of us likes the heat much.
    You can reduce the food intake if there’s not much exercise. Won’t harm them

Enjoy your hyperactive nuisance one, as my little Duke was only 2.5 yrs old when he passed away and he was the energizer bunny. I would take the gray hair n keeping me on my toes he gave me on daily basis in a heartbeat.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

I was using Royal Canin Bulldog and Mack was running 62 pounds.

I changed his diet to grain free Taste Of the Wild once a day in the evening with two cups.

The morning feeding is a raw meat frozen patty (thawed out) and his weight dropped to 58 pounds and he is much more lively.

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads