helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

You're getting this alert because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

After posting 2 recalls in 4 weeks, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is now warning consumers to*avoid buying or feeding ALL pig ears pet treats.
The*outbreak*of human*Salmonella*caused by exposure to the contaminated treats has now spread to*33 states.

To learn which states are included in the outbreak, please visit the following link:
FDA: Do Not Buy or Feed ANY Pig Ears Pet Treats

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank goodness Iā€™ve never fed them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank goodness Iā€™ve never fed them
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me neither. Many years ago my son gave one to my GS. Had diarrhea for over a week. Trust me never again.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just read another story about chronic wasting disease on a deer farm in Quebec, and that herd still allowed to enter the food chain. That's why I never feed venison to my dog, even though there's no "recall". https://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/manufacturing/experts-alarmed-after-deer-meat-from-diseased-herd-allowed-into-food-system-236790/

As a Canadian, we all know Alberta is the cattle and oil province. Probably why theyā€™re nick name is ā€œlittle Texasā€. Here aside from beef, thereā€™s a lot of bison, elk n lama farmers. Thereā€™s even a farmer 20mins from here he raises white bisons n even white camels. Yes white camels. I had to stop on the outskirts to take photos as Iā€™ve never seen white camels. Deers are known for diseases. You only need one to jump the fence into your herds and theyā€™re done. In the food industry, I hear this often about sick wildlife mingling onto farmers herds. Very hard to control.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
At the feed store where I buy my dog food, there was a big bucket of pig ears. I told the fella' at the desk about them,he didn't know, and I am calling today to make sure the owner gets the message. I have never gotten them, but I know his customers do. He has some doggie treats down in a low container, so they can help themselves.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online