Dry holistic Crickets

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was watching the Canadian version of Shark Tank. Here we call it Dragonā€™s Den. 3 young men launching dehydrated raw crickets. Thereā€™s a huge cricket farm in Ontario. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION], did you know thereā€™s a cricket farm in ON? I didnā€™t. So one Dragon investor went along. I googled them up and sure looks intriguing. They will launch mid August. I for sure will try this food for my 2. As of next year Iā€™ll be on the road often so need something dehydrated for the pups. Easier to feed on the road than frozen raw. Iā€™m not sure if they export to the US but I donā€™t see why not as these Canadian dragon den investors are also In the US like Jim he owns Boston Pizza , Kevin Orleary etc... heā€™s the website

https://en.wilderharrier.com/collections/dog-food

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So, crickets re the protein.... interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Interesting- would make a good dehydrated raw food alternative, especially if you are looking for a new protein to switch to. I don't think dehydrated raw is as good for a dog with food allergies as frozen raw, since you've destroyed a lot of enzymes and nutrition through the dehydration process. But, as you say, probably be great for the road. And seems like it will be priced competitively although not released yet.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
There's a big market for crickets in the pet industry, for reptiles who are too small to be fed mice.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
There's a big market for crickets in the pet industry, for reptiles who are too small to be fed mice.

When my son was 8yrs old his dad bought him this some kind of blue lizard which I had no clue till they came home with all this equipment plus a sealed egg crate. Crickets were in the egg crates as they ship them like that to pet shop. Ok dad bought a lizard. But all I was seeing is an 8yr old opening the crate and all the crickets jumping out having them all over the house. Or cricket noise like sleeping in the woods. Crickets stayed outside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When my son was 8yrs old his dad bought him this some kind of blue lizard which I had no clue till they came home with all this equipment plus a sealed egg crate. Crickets were in the egg crates as they ship them like that to pet shop. Ok dad bought a lizard. But all I was seeing is an 8yr old opening the crate and all the crickets jumping out having them all over the house. Or cricket noise like sleeping in the woods. Crickets stayed outside.

LOL. LOL. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
In late 80s in Montreal city opened one of the largest insect museums in North America. There was this guy George Brossard he use to be a lawyer and quit to go looking for bugs. That museum is so interesting. All schools even to this day do field trips so they can learn and see all the kinds of bugs we have on the planet. I went there many times with the kids. They were even selling back then lollipops with bugs in them. Bugs are loaded of protein.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.