helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

You're getting this alert because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) is expanding its investigation into an outbreak of Salmonella in 27 states due to contaminated pig ear dog treats.

For more information, including which states are listed in the CDC announcement, please visit the following link:
Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Dog Treats Expands

Ive stopped many decades ago gaving pig ears to any of my pets. Never failed, diarrhea each time.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We once bought a pig ear to Castor, and it got stuck so we had to dig into his mouth and drag the slimy thing out. That was really scary so no pig ears here.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We once bought a pig ear to Castor, and it got stuck so we had to dig into his mouth and drag the slimy thing out. That was really scary so no pig ears here.

All these treats are not for bulldogs. Except from being made badly, size and texture is dangerous. May be other dogs patiently chew and swallow little pieces, but not the bulldogs! They just gulp it down the funnel. When Tank was still 6 months old I wanted to treat him with a raw lamb shank bone. Idiot tried to swallow it. Also had to pull it out of his throat with shaking slimy fingers. Could end up in surgery. After that he gets only whole raw beef femur bone if available. No way he can swallow it ( it usually weighs 4-5 kg and 1,5 foot long:w00t:)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Friend of mine raises chicken . Some for meat n eggs and butchers some for her freezer. She gave me chicken feet frozen of course. She gives it to her dogs n gave me a few for Nyala n Duke back then. The foot/claw got stuck sideways in Nyala’s throat. All I can see was the claw/nail ripping her throat. Never again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.