ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
SO I'm in the middle of a transition faze for the pups... going from Fromm's to Acana (and of COURSE that article came out!!!) Anyhoo... my long term plan is to switch them to raw/freeze dried raw when we get home from vacation, I don't want to put my dog sitter thru all the hassle.

My pups just aren't eating as much... they don't even seem interested, and this started w/the Fromm's. Do you think it's the summer heat? My grandson has been here for a month so I can honestly say they are exhausted during the day... ME too :whew: They just had their annual check-up a couple of weeks ago, so I know it's nothing major going on.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
My babies usually slow down on their eating during the summer here too, with heat indexes getting into the triple digits.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Some pets will slow down if itā€™s too hot. But some do get bored of their same old food or...if theyā€™re not fast eaters like Nyala theyā€™ll leave it there. Nyala this morning decided to eat a couple bites of her raw. Yes even raw n she turns her nose while Duke stands there staring, waiting n hoping. Why itā€™s important to change their proteins every few months for variety n allergies. I sure wouldnā€™t eat same thing everyday. That being said, yes your grandson is burning their energy. Which is a good thing too. Helps your grandson to be around animals n respect them. And grandma sleeps better when he leaves.. loll.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™ve never had one that didnā€™t want to eat, but Iā€™m sure the heat can impact it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm sure they are bored w/the food, so I'm trying to give them variety... they are just too picky, and it's expensive!!! :bang:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I've had a few breeds that didn't want to eat, when it was so hot [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] but NOT my bullies! If they stay off food for too long-you know what to do! My "old time vet" from years ago used to say-"If they're not sick, they will eat when they get hungry!"

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella will skip a meal once in a while.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Mine have never skipped a meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk