Puppy chews and yogurt recommendations

afo1201

Jun 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
13 week old Male puppy, big chewer of course, what safe chews can I get him? are bully sticks a good choice? if so what size? also, what yogurt do you guys feed your pups? what brand and kind?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
13 week old Male puppy, big chewer of course, what safe chews can I get him? are bully sticks a good choice? if so what size? also, what yogurt do you guys feed your pups? what brand and kind?

Donā€™t break your head, simply get raw marrow bones. Feed frozen. At that age have them cut at 3ā€ long. Raw marrow is great for the immune system, skin, hair n especially your furnitures. They will play n chew for weeks. Also I bought n still have buffalo horns. I got mine at Pet Valu. But the marrow bones will keep him busier. Also thereā€™s antlers moose/deer. Only problem I find with antlers when they get to 3ā€ long I end up throwing them out. I saw Duke toying around with a little 3ā€ one in his mouth and all I saw is that antler stick getting stuck in his throat. Why after that I got the buffalo horn.

If I give yogurt, itā€™s only Plain Greek yogurt. I say ā€œifā€ cause i rather give fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies n the frozen smelly tripe youā€™ll find at your pet shops. The probiotic in anything thatā€™s fermented n tripe is way more powerful n better. Some will also give kefir or goats milk. Duke gets hives with kefir. So I dropped that in his diet. If you do give Greek yogurt, get full fat. NO low fat or sugar free etc. means thereā€™s sugars in it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Absolutely NO bully sticks, or any rawhide products! Adding to Helene's advice-nylabones(not the edible kind). [MENTION=19065]afo1201[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Helene and a Lynn...

My go to is raw marrow bones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.