• Merrick, 16.
  • California Natural, 15.
  • Natural Balance, 15.
  • Orijen, 12.
  • Nature's Variety, 11.
  • NutriSource 10.
  • Nutro, 10.
  • Rachael Ray Nutrish, 10.

The FDA said cases of DCM o work-but FDA has given a list of dog foods, that may cause heart disease(again) Many Good foods......

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Guys, let’s all switch to home cooking! Real meat, veg and gluten free grains!

Sounds like a good idea! Do you add vitamins etc or do you just serve meat, veggies and eg rice?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Clearly Purina is our only option [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
"pet owners should work directly with their veterinarians, who may consult with a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, to determine the most appropriate diet for their pet’s specific needs.”

Firstly, I would never, ever trust a "board-certified veterinary nutritionist." They are ALL on the take. My Vet knows better than to suggest to me what I should feed my kids. I have no idea what he recommends to others.
Just how much $ are these lobbyists(St!TPetFoodMfgCo.s) throwing at the FDA...The Vet Schools, the Vets. The FDA is releasing info for all to see and the studies are flawed or at least, incomplete. I can tell you what stinks, and it's not the food or you bully's booty.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
"pet owners should work directly with their veterinarians, who may consult with a board-certified veterinary nutritionist, to determine the most appropriate diet for their pet’s specific needs.”

Firstly, I would never, ever trust a "board-certified veterinary nutritionist." They are ALL on the take. My Vet knows better than to suggest to me what I should feed my kids. I have no idea what he recommends to others.
Just how much $ are these lobbyists(St!TPetFoodMfgCo.s) throwing at the FDA...The Vet Schools, the Vets. The FDA is releasing info for all to see and the studies are flawed or at least, incomplete. I can tell you what stinks, and it's not the food or you bully's booty.

EXACTLY!! And, 600 out of 77 million pets

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Well said! I shall continue on my merry way until they get a definitive answer. Let's not hold our breath.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
All of these so call studies putting down quality kibbles is basically because people are getting more n more educated on what to feed their pets n how to keep their pet healthier cause these vets bills are absolutely ridiculous. Maintenance is extremely important. It’s repetitive n a royal pain in the butt...but, heh, you see less of a vet.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well all of the brands that Chunky eats are on the list so I guess I can be prepared for the worst :rolleyes:

Maybe I should start feeding him cheap walmart foods like I have all the other dogs who all lived to be old with no known health issues. He is the first that I have had that has had any issues and his being a hereditary one. Cystinurina

I am not changing his food now but if someone figures out this is a definite issue send me a PM so I will take notice

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Funny, FDA are the same people that approves humans meds that STILL can kill you with all the side effects.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I posted this on my FB page, I agree w/you ALL... this is backlash over ALL the recalls on Science Diet, Purina, etc...

It's VERY sad that they have gotten to this point... and now more hysteria :fie:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I saw it all over Facebook and it’s on the local news now too!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm pretty sure this is funded by Mars and Hill's....
I have fed raw for 8 years now and learned what I know from books. I just signed up to become a professional in raw feeding. The studies will take 1,5 years, but I think it will be worth it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm pretty sure this is funded by Mars and Hill's....
I have fed raw for 8 years now and learned what I know from books. I just signed up to become a professional in raw feeding. The studies will take 1,5 years, but I think it will be worth it :)

AWESOME! Is the class online or just local to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online