TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So Millie seemed to be getting bored with Pork and Peas so I thought I would try beef frittata. She actually loves the frittata but has gotten itchy paws and a yeast infection in her tail pocket about the same time of changing food. Of course this could be a result of the new protein or not related at all. Regardless Iā€™ve been thinking I want to get her off the beef frittata and try something else. I want to stay with kibble for now so Iā€™m having a hard time making a decision. I almost settled on Acana Single Duck but have been hearing mixed reviews since they changed the recipe. I was thinking I should get potatoes out of her diet but who knows. I think I have narrowed down to Zignature Duck, Acana Duck, or staying with Fromm but trying the Hasen Duckenpfeffer which will have potatoes. Does anyone one have anything to add to my madness? If not thatā€™s ok because after all the research I have done in the last three days this Dad just needed to rant. Thanks for listening and I hope everyone is well! 7CD05A5F-742B-4D44-BB98-C53BE0BB3AC6.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I would try either the Zignature or Acana. Potatoes are starchy so they can feed yeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Acana, Zignature, Fromm...... Acana Duck is easily digested. Stick to one protein since sheā€™s showing allergies. Narrow it down. Acana/Orijen is a Canadian company but they did open an facility in Kentucky. The only one I know of Kentucky changed is the fish one as they wanted fish from American water. Itā€™s that one you need to be careful with as a lot of dogs are having issues with them bag from Kentucky. For the Duck, I havenā€™t heard issues. Lamb (any brand) is a tad harder to digest from what we noticed in here. Regarding potatoes, dogs shouldnā€™t be having potatoes. Theyā€™re dogs. Acana has one of the highest % in meat protein n less in legumes protein. Also contains tripe for probiotics. Main thing is read your % on the back of the bag n not the front bag. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Go with Zingnature or Acana

OP
T

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So after lots of research and mental gymnastics I decided to take a leap of faith and start the transition to Acana Singles Duck and Pear. I know that they are the number one buyer beware on the latest big scary FDA list but I find that comical and unfounded. I appreciate everyone's input on this site. I reached out to several members and they responded promptly with their honest feedback, reviews, and suggestions which I'm sure surprises no one that has been a member here much longer than me. For what it is worth I also reached out to ACANA and they were very responsive, direct, and helpful. They did not beat around the bush with my very targeted questions and provided very informative answers. I realize that there is not a single recipe of dry kibbles that every dog will thrive on however I am convinced that ACANA is one of companies that takes our pet's health very seriously. Thanks to everyone for their help, guidance, and concerns. I will update you in a couple of months to let everyone know how Millie is doing!
IMG_E3610.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So after lots of research and mental gymnastics I decided to take a leap of faith and start the transition to Acana Singles Duck and Pear. I know that they are the number one buyer beware on the latest big scary FDA list but I find that comical and unfounded. I appreciate everyone's input on this site. I reached out to several members and they responded promptly with their honest feedback, reviews, and suggestions which I'm sure surprises no one that has been a member here much longer than me. For what it is worth I also reached out to ACANA and they were very responsive, direct, and helpful. They did not beat around the bush with my very targeted questions and provided very informative answers. I realize that there is not a single recipe of dry kibbles that every dog will thrive on however I am convinced that ACANA is one of companies that takes our pet's health very seriously. Thanks to everyone for their help, guidance, and concerns. I will update you in a couple of months to let everyone know how Millie is doing!
View attachment 116892

Excellent!!! Keep us posted

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online