3 month old puppy, what dry/wet food should I give him?

afo1201

Jun 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
Please make recommendations, I'm looking for a high quality kibble that wont brake the bank and would also want to mix in some wet food here and there, what brand and flavor do you all recommend?

Thank you in advance

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Please make recommendations, I'm looking for a high quality kibble that wont brake the bank and would also want to mix in some wet food here and there, what brand and flavor do you all recommend?

Thank you in advance

Hello... sadly a good quality kibble will be a bit expensive. Two ways to look at it, quality kibble or more visit to the vet.
Acana would be my first choice, then you have Fromm, Zignature.... one that wonā€™t break your wallet n still a good quality is the Kirkland red bag at Costco. Regards mixing with wet dog food, why donā€™t you top the kibbles with fresh veggies?

Also subscribe on dog food advisor.com. It will guide you on all pet food. Great site.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed -- the more you spend on food, the less you'll spend at the vet (time and money).

Maybe try a dehydrated raw... The Honest Kitchen or Spot Farms.
kibbles options, no particular order
Orjien
Acana
Fromm
Zingnature
Earthborn Holistic

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great feedback ! I don't recommend throwing wet food on top of dry food as your dog will get very picky and never eat dry food by itself after.

OP
A

afo1201

Jun 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
How much protein should the puppy food have? I have seen some with as little as 27% and others 33%

Thoughts on TOTW for puppies? is it that bad?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How much protein should the puppy food have? I have seen some with as little as 27% and others 33%

Thoughts on TOTW for puppies? is it that bad?
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] feeds TOTW with great results... they did have some recalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

afo1201

Jun 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
The TOTW puppy high prairie has 28% crude protein, is that enough? I see others with up to 38%

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The TOTW puppy high prairie has 28% crude protein, is that enough? I see others with up to 38%

Always take the highest but needs to be MEAT as protein n not legumes. Again stick to one protein per bag to see IF any allergies. You wonā€™t regret it in a few months.

OP
A

afo1201

Jun 11, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
So I got this, is this good for him? he is now 11 weeks old, says it's for all life stages. I didnt get the puppy one because it has chicken and I want to stay away from chicken in case any allergies. Thoughts on the one I bought? is this one ok to keep him on for a while?

Attachments

• 8148NLeYtfL._SX425_.jpg
    8148NLeYtfL._SX425_.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 172

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So I got this, is this good for him? he is now 11 weeks old, says it's for all life stages. I didnt get the puppy one because it has chicken and I want to stay away from chicken in case any allergies. Thoughts on the one I bought? is this one ok to keep him on for a while?

Yes itā€™s good for a while. Big bag for puppy. Im sure you have more than beef as protein in that bag. Keep track which kind of protein your dog eats. Your comment ā€œstaying away from chicken in case of allergiesā€ I give chicken to my 2 n they donā€™t have allergies at all. You do what you want but you will never know if he is allergic to chicken. I sure wouldnā€™t buy a big bag like you just bought for the chicken. In about 2-3 months try another acana but again ā€œsingle protein bagsā€ because the one you have has different proteins inside. Why itā€™s important one protein at a time till heā€™s tried them all. As a owner you wonā€™t be breaking your head what is he allergic to if any. BTW. You fed your pup Fromm puppy so You need to do a transition of the kibbles.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online