Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I am starting to notice our baby girl not eating as much as she is suppose to. When I first introduced her to the Royal Canin she thought she was in heaven and scarfed it down. Now, not so much. I give her a spoonful of yogurt with her evening meal and now all she does is eat the food that has the yogurt and that is it. I have noticed that her forhead and the area around her nose is starting to get red. Any info is appriciated.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Maybe try a diff food? I am not the best with advice for this since my boys scarf their food. I do have to ad tho that the fromm food seems to be like crack for my boys cuz I always free fed them before changing to this and they liked it so much they wouldnt stop. I have to limit how much they eat not on it. Kinda sad cuz we have been thru SO many diff foods and although they have loved all of them they always only ate what they needed.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I wish I could be more help but my suggestion would be to give the kibble dry without the yogurt and see if she eats the whole bowl?

she probably just like the way the yogurt tastes better than the kibble?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Oh and the redness may be allergies?? this is where the experts on here will have to help with maybe making a food change. this is what we are doing with Duke.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Personally I would not go out of my way to put things on her food to entice her to eat like canned food, yogurt and stuff because then she will just expect that in the future. She's trying to train you to now ALWAYS put yogurt on her food ;) My beagle Loki went thru a period where she wasn't eating alot and I didn't do anything special for her, if she didn't eat her food then she didn't eat it. I just thought well she will eat when shes hungry, that may sound a bit harsh but thats just what makes sense to me (especially when I knew she was healthy and there was no medical reason she wasn't eating). Now that she has learned I do add yogurt to her food every other day for variety just like I do for Samson but thats when I want to do it not because she won't eat otherwise. Now if it were to go for a long period of time of her refusing to eat then maybe it is a medical condition that needs to be looked into but that wasn't the case with Loki and I was not about to cater to her trying to be picky. As far as the redness goes I would try a different food. Royal Canin may have a formula that is supposed to be good for bullys but it really doesn't sit well with alot of them. Also Samson used to get red in the face and these little pimples when he ate and drank out of plastic bowls. Then I read that the best bowls for bullys (and well in general for all dogs) are stainless, after I switched to stainless that really helped.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, no more yogurt and try a different food, royal canine causes bad gas from what I experienced.

Most Reactions