New Bulldog owner

Bulldogged

Apr 4, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hi guys I am a new owner of a beautiful puppy and the guy I got if from said he feeds all his dogs Royal Canin because that is the best so I have been feeding him that for 2 months. He is about to be 3 months and from what I have read it is not good for them? I am just looking for some feedback and some pointers to what you guys think is better for the puppy. Thanks

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
congrats on the new puppy. I just got a new one as well. I came here for advice too and I was told of course raw is best, but if you want to feed a kibble which I did, acana or orijen is the best. I ended up going with taste of the wild but due to info about a lawsuit I have changed mine to earthborn puppy vantage grain free. alot of bullies are allergic to chicken , my previous 2 were, and the earthborn puppy has chicken but so far she is doing great on it. food choices are so hard. lol. post a pic!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats on the new pup. We feed all our pups FROMM Puppy Gold, in the pink bag, and have always had good luck with it. Once they get about 7 moths of age, we switch to adult food, as puppy food is too high in protein for a bulldog. We feed FROMM 4 star grain free Hasen Duckenfeffer and they do well on it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome!

Some of the good quality kibble we normally recommend are Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature, Earthborn Holistics. There are others as well...dogfoodadvisor.com is a good website to check out.

Let's see pictures of your baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome!

Some of the good quality kibble we normally recommend are Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature, Earthborn Holistics. There are others as well...dogfoodadvisor.com is a good website to check out.

Let's see pictures of your baby!

Welcome to EBN!!

Citty has the list I usually provide too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi guys I am a new owner of a beautiful puppy and the guy I got if from said he feeds all his dogs Royal Canin because that is the best so I have been feeding him that for 2 months. He is about to be 3 months and from what I have read it is not good for them? I am just looking for some feedback and some pointers to what you guys think is better for the puppy. Thanks

Royal Canin
F3587548-74EF-4C58-840A-37599F2C9465.png

:welcome4:
We love photos !!! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] got you cover... :yes:

kadii93

Aug 16, 2019
United Kingdom
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanley
So glad I've seen this because i feed my 14wk male EB "Royal Canin". I'll definitely be changing his food now.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So glad I've seen this because i feed my 14wk male EB "Royal Canin". I'll definitely be changing his food now.

The ones mentioned are all good, but North American. You have some excellent dog foods made in UK or Europe, eg. Tribal cold pressed dog food. It's the only cold pressed dog food that doesn't use dried protein meal, and instead uses fresh meat that is processed at 95 celsius.

Another eg. Farmina Natural and Delicious Pumpkin Puppy Medium and Maximum

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The ones mentioned are all good, but North American. You have some excellent dog foods made in UK or Europe, eg. Tribal cold pressed dog food. It's the only cold pressed dog food that doesn't use dried protein meal, and instead uses fresh meat that is processed at 95 celsius.

Another eg. Farmina Natural and Delicious Pumpkin Puppy Medium and Maximum

Seems in U.K. Acana is from Canada. I got to find where I saw this... have like a damm library links on dog food..lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.