helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 115894View attachment 115893

Bailey and bacon on there best behavior, and bailey with her ā€œKing of the houseā€ pose after exposing dads weakness once again

Why do you put her on raw immediately if youā€™re going to do it later? Just a thought.

Also, in case you donā€™t know, if youā€™re cooking the ground beef or any meat (goes for humans too) you need an oil that will resist to high heat. I prefer grape seed oil. Hereā€™s a ā€œrule of thumbā€

Temperature:

Different oils have different ā€˜smoke pointsā€™, so cooking temperature is an important factor to consider when selecting your oils. A smoke point refers to the amount of heat an oil can withstand before it begins to break down and burn. An oilā€™s smoke point is identifiable by smoke (aptly), a very unpleasant odour and a burnt, bitter flavour. Surpassing the smoke point of an oil will alter the taste and appearance of your dish, as well as compromise the nutritional value of the oil. :)

OP
J

jpimienta91

Mar 13, 2019
Miami, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Why do you put her on raw immediately if youā€™re going to do it later? Just a thought.

Also, in case you donā€™t know, if youā€™re cooking the ground beef or any meat (goes for humans too) you need an oil that will resist to high heat. I prefer grape seed oil. Hereā€™s a ā€œrule of thumbā€

Temperature:

Different oils have different ā€˜smoke pointsā€™, so cooking temperature is an important factor to consider when selecting your oils. A smoke point refers to the amount of heat an oil can withstand before it begins to break down and burn. An oilā€™s smoke point is identifiable by smoke (aptly), a very unpleasant odour and a burnt, bitter flavour. Surpassing the smoke point of an oil will alter the taste and appearance of your dish, as well as compromise the nutritional value of the oil. :)

Didnt use any oil as the ground beef had alot of fat. But will keep grape see oil in mind going foward. The frenchie was eating a "Bland diet" for a small issue and she would always want to tear at his food so it was my weakness knowing how much she loved it. Im going to keep her on home cooked meals from now on until june then switch her to raw cold turkey after a one day fast. Some plain yogurt, Apple cider vinegar, salmon/cocunut oil and Nuvet as a little extra supplements. veggies from time to time aswell

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
FWIW...
Bulldogs will eventually eat what you present to them, when & where you offer it. Missing a meal or two is simply part of the learning process. We insist that they eat on our schedule.

The selected food goes into the kennel with the dog and ample time(15 minutes) is allowed for eating. After 15 mins the food goes away until next feeding time. If they miss a few meals they'll eventually get hungry enough to eat gravel and sand. I think the most missed meals I've ever seen(before getting on schedule) was 4. If you ever decide to change back to a kibble, this is how its done. It's really that simple.

Your puppy looks awesome...love the color. He looks like trouble. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 115892View attachment 115891

Vet told us ā€œSheā€™s healthy so sheā€™ll eat when sheā€™s hungryā€. I did the 20 minutes then took away
the bowl for dinner once and next morning she ate the whole bowl. Problem was she skipped next 2 meals.
Sheā€™s very stubborn and spoiled! When itā€™s bedtime she sleeps by our feet then makes her way to lay on top of moms pillow and wraps arm around head snuggling her in :no:

I LOVE the bully-hat!! Miss it.. my first did this and none of our others have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jpimienta91

Mar 13, 2019
Miami, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Bailey went to the vet today for her boosters and weighed 17 pounds! Healthy for 12 weeks. Also no worms. Sheā€™s been eating great, and found a new level of energy, guess she didnā€™t like chicken! Tomorrow she starts with a one on one trainer for more potty training, obedience, and leash training! Trainer is also training my bad habit as well. She got a flu shot today the vet recommended only because heā€™s seen a breakout in south Florida lately. Not sure how I feel about it :(

OP
J

jpimienta91

Mar 13, 2019
Miami, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
FF97A223-157D-4C50-B36D-29C97FA9B253.jpeg5D8EBB42-03E2-4D03-A32B-0F2A88ACB8E4.jpeg
Bailey went to the vet today for her boosters and weighed 17 pounds! Healthy for 12 weeks. Also no worms. Sheā€™s been eating great, and found a new level of energy, guess she didnā€™t like chicken! Tomorrow she starts with a one on one trainer for more potty training, obedience, and leash training! Trainer is also training my bad habit as well. She got a flu shot today the vet recommended only because heā€™s seen a breakout in south Florida lately. Not sure how I feel about it :(

Sheā€™s not a fan on the Dr! And her face when mom says no more treats

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Thatā€™s a smart trainer...and I sure would have refused a flu shot especially at that age. I donā€™t agreed flu shots for humans. I had NO clue you have flu shots for dogs. And yes Iā€™ll go research guaranteed!!! Go figure. Word of advice, try not to give different shots together. Split them up. Too powerful.

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/02/20/dog-flu-vaccine.aspx

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Bookmark this as itā€™s great ā€œreading ā€œ since yours is a pup.. start her off on the right foot or paw :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

OP
J

jpimienta91

Mar 13, 2019
Miami, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Bookmark this as itā€™s great ā€œreading ā€œ since yours is a pup.. start her off on the right foot or paw :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

Thank you! Lots of great links in there to keep me busy tonight! Im not big on shots and vaccines AT ALL! Flu shot for a puppy had me concerned but they insisted. It was a different vet in the same location. I told him I planned on holding of on the rabies shot until atleast 5 months as they wanted it done when shes 4 months. Vets are turning into sales traps at this point.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! Lots of great links in there to keep me busy tonight! Im not big on shots and vaccines AT ALL! Flu shot for a puppy had me concerned but they insisted. It was a different vet in the same location. I told him I planned on holding of on the rabies shot until atleast 5 months as they wanted it done when shes 4 months. Vets are turning into sales traps at this point.

Follow your gut! Iā€™ve seen a lot of bad reactions towards shots when given at the same time. Even in here members have posted what happened to their puppies or adult dogs. I personally never gave any shots to any dogs Iā€™ve owned except the first puppy shots. But all distanced. Too many vets are giving same shots to a 100 lb dog to a 10 lb dog. Way too potent. Thatā€™s a big problem in my book. There is a very well known vet going against the government to change that problem n other issues. If your dog is not put in daycares, dog parks, smelling other dog poop on walks, IMO there is no need for all these shots. I use an essential oil mix youā€™ll find in them links I sent you for fleas n ticks. Works great. Fleas/ticks is made with pesticides. Like no brainer there.

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
I donā€™t have this problem at all with my pup. If anything itā€™s ā€˜oh god what are you eating!ā€™ while chasing him around. But I wanted to say Bailey is the cutest!!!

I feed Fromm dry with 1-2 spoons of wet food. And freeze dried topping. But I worked with the vet on correct amounts of each. Itā€™s hard feeding multiple kinds correctly. Iā€™m hoping to go home cooked once we get his surgery done.

OP
J

jpimienta91

Mar 13, 2019
Miami, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
I donā€™t have this problem at all with my pup. If anything itā€™s ā€˜oh god what are you eating!ā€™ while chasing him around. But I wanted to say Bailey is the cutest!!!

I feed Fromm dry with 1-2 spoons of wet food. And freeze dried topping. But I worked with the vet on correct amounts of each. Itā€™s hard feeding multiple kinds correctly. Iā€™m hoping to go home cooked once we get his surgery done.

Bailey hated dry food, I have her on a homemade diet and shes doing great and filled with energy. Im switching her to RAW diet now. But ive noticed a big change since getting of commericial dog food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.