puppy food versus all age food

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
So I have decided to feed acana kibble. However the puppy formula contains chicken. The single proteins aren't puppy food or they are all age. Does that matter? I just dont want her to miss something she needs from a puppy formula. Should I start with the puppy or just go to the single protein or does it matter? or find a non chicken puppy food of another brand??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I have decided to feed acana kibble. However the puppy formula contains chicken. The single proteins aren't puppy food or they are all age. Does that matter? I just dont want her to miss something she needs from a puppy formula. Should I start with the puppy or just go to the single protein or does it matter? or find a non chicken puppy food of another brand??

All age is great... go for it! It can be fed from puppy to adult.. all life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You can feed the all life stages good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

If you’re going to feed adult kibbles to a puppy there is no problem but...puppies needs more calories and protein. Puppies plays way more than adult dogs. Simply add like a teaspoon of coconut oil or EVOO in ONE meal per day. You can also top with a protein like liver at your grocery store or the heart. Either you give it raw mix in his acana or cooked. Like a good 1/2 cup per day.

:)

OP
bullylover4ever

bullylover4ever

Dec 30, 2010
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
not named yet
If you’re going to feed adult kibbles to a puppy there is no problem but...puppies needs more calories and protein. Puppies plays way more than adult dogs. Simply add like a teaspoon of coconut oil or EVOO in ONE meal per day. You can also top with a protein like liver at your grocery store or the heart. Either you give it raw mix in his acana or cooked. Like a good 1/2 cup per day.

:)
I actually decided to transition her to TOTW prairie puppy food. day 2 in the books and she cleans her bowl even though it's only currently a fourth the new food.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I actually decided to transition her to TOTW prairie puppy food. day 2 in the books and she cleans her bowl even though it's only currently a fourth the new food.

I would definitely stay away from that brand for now... stick to acana like you mentioned. Can’t go wrong with a brand like them. TOTW n Blue Buffalo always has some sort of issues.

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/new-lawsuit-against-taste-of-the-wild/

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...utrition/59801-taste-wild-lawsuit-recall.html

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.