More on Taste of the Wild lawsuit and recall.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

I just received this in an email! I have looked online quickly but could not find anything about it so far. It's from Dogs Naturally Magazine and I couldn't find anything there either. I did not copy all the way to the bottom as it is nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Hey, I have to tell you something Pamela (and make sure you read all the way to the bottom) ...

Monday, we were all sitting around talking about pet food recalls and we decided to write an email about them and help you find higher quality food.

And in our excitement, we got it wrong ...

We said that Taste Of The Wild was recently recalled for toxic levels of lead. And that was wrong. The food has not been recalled.

The real deal with Diamond Pet Foods was a pending complaint against Taste Of The Wild. The class action complaint was filed in August 2018 for alleged "negligent misrepresentation, false advertising and breach of warranty."

If you're interested, the plaintiff claims: "Defendantsā€™ Marketing is deceptive, misleading, unfair, and/or false because, among other things, the Contaminated Dog Foods include undisclosed Heavy Metals, pesticides, acrylamide, and/or bisphenol A (ā€œBPAā€)."

So, to reiterate ... Taste Of The Wild has NOT been recalled and this is an unqualified retraction.

How's that for legal jargon?

And on that note, now for the giveaway ...

At Dogs Naturally, we put our money where our mouth is. If we make a mistake, we own up to it (in a way that counts). In my mind, if it doesn't hurt a bit, it's not a meaningful apology.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sounds fishy....

The issue with TOTW or Blue Buffalo and a few others thatā€™s out there, most of these big companies contracts out to have their kibbles made. Working in the food industry is where we see this way too often with these contracting products getting contaminated. Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s human or pet food. Same issue. The problem lays in the facilities that makes the products. Not clean throughly n properly. When you buy from a company that makes their own products, very rare we see an issue with them. Example I use walnuts in some of my sauces. i buy them at Costco because if anything happens to their walnuts they immediately know who bought their items n will call you ASAP. On their bags it does say (cause they are protecting themselves) May contain tree nuts, nuts n eggs. Eggs? Cause their nuts are probably being packed in a facility that works with eggs for another company. So why when you hear or see a company with a lot of recalls thatā€™s what it means...I simply would stay away from those companies even if one error slipped out cause most of the time those 2 companies have way too many recalls. My friend owns a Pet Valu and she refuses to hold those 2 products in her store. She says it sits there and she canā€™t sell them. So she cut them out completely.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I contacted the magazine. The email is genuine. They sent me the following.

"Dana sent this out earlier today"

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] for thinking of me, I appreciate it very much!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.