Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Holy crap!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yikes! [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW... I know several people who have fed their pets TOTW!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Last year there was a lawsuit filed against Acana and Origen for something.Then Hill's,then others, I am, at this point, not really trusting any dog food, since it is considered "animal feed" and doesn't follow human guidelines, which you can't trust, either,as cereals were recalled, and cake mix, cheeses,chicken nuggets,baby food etc.It goes on and on! I want to do the best for my animals, I try to do the best that I can afford....many times, doing without, myself. So then I find out I am feeding them poison? I try to do the best I can,and I am still harming them.
I can not afford any higher cost dog food,nor feeding raw. So what's a person to do. Will they be better off in shelters, not being brought to a home? I am beginning to wonder if I am taking care of them, or killing them. Rescuing or killing them with "kindness". Helene has the right ideas, but not "ordinarys" (probably not a word)or,as Hillary said "deplorables" can do it.
They get their shots, and vetted when necessary(with time payments-ha!-but get it done) I just can't do more than the best I can do,and now THAT is bad!! I am at the point where I don't even want to know any more!! I do love my animals but what is someone who is on a limited budget supposed to do?!**
** Okay, sorry everyone-Just "venting" thanks for listening!! Just ignore my sob story!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last year there was a lawsuit filed against Acana and Origen for something.Then Hill's,then others, I am, at this point, not really trusting any dog food, since it is considered "animal feed" and doesn't follow human guidelines, which you can't trust, either,as cereals were recalled, and cake mix, cheeses,chicken nuggets,baby food etc.It goes on and on! I want to do the best for my animals, I try to do the best that I can afford....many times, doing without, myself. So then I find out I am feeding them poison? I try to do the best I can,and I am still harming them.
I can not afford any higher cost dog food,nor feeding raw. So what's a person to do. Will they be better off in shelters, not being brought to a home? I am beginning to wonder if I am taking care of them, or killing them. Rescuing or killing them with "kindness". Helene has the right ideas, but not "ordinarys" (probably not a word)or,as Hillary said "deplorables" can do it.
They get their shots, and vetted when necessary(with time payments-ha!-but get it done) I just can't do more than the best I can do,and now THAT is bad!! I am at the point where I don't even want to know any more!! I do love my animals but what is someone who is on a limited budget supposed to do?!**
** Okay, sorry everyone-Just "venting" thanks for listening!! Just ignore my sob story!!!

(((((Hugs)))))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Vent away. We all need to do that sometimes.
It is very disheartening when you do your very best, only to find out someone else has let you down. And that is what these companies are doing. It's all a money game to them. I wish I could tell you of the perfect, affordable food, but I don't know it either. Just continue to love your animals and know that YOU ARE doing the very best you can for them. That is all any of us can do.:hug::hug:

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Lynn- I am sure you do a FINE job taking care of those babies. AND I'm sure you Spoil them beyond their wildest dreams as well. It is most frustrating to see all this going on.

I have been blessed to be able feed Ellie Orijen and Freshpet, as this is what my budget allows, my mom on the other hand has a VERY LIMITED budget, and has ALWAYS fed her dogs, including her current EB Dottie, who is going to be 12yrs old, Purina ONE and she has done amazing on it, and is in perfect health for a senior dog.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I completely understand your frustration... it's ridiculous!!! CONSTANTLY posting food recalls for pets AND for humans... not matter what you choose we are ALL slowly poisoning ourselves and our pets. PLEASE VENT AWAY... I feel the same!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I was SHOCKED to see TOTW on there... they have been on a recall list before this last one!!!

I’m shocked at some of these others on here...Wellness, Merrick...Purina One???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I’m shocked at some of these others on here...Wellness, Merrick...Purina One???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY... what is going on?!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.