Is fresh whey good for dogs

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I make my own yogurt using lactose free milk and have whey left over. I would think it would be good for dogs but don't know how much to give them. Anyone have any ideas? [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's interesting that some say it is good for dogs and some say don't give it to them, so I don't really know one way or the other. Since it is from lactose free milk you would think it wouldn't hurt them. Hopefully someone who actually knows will pop in soon. I do know that raw goats milk is very good for them as well as goat yogurt.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I make my own yogurt using lactose free milk and have whey left over. I would think it would be good for dogs but don't know how much to give them. Anyone have any ideas? [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]?

The issue in the US and please Iā€™m not bashing US but your milk has antibiotics and growth hormones. Here in Canada is against the law to inject our cows. So lactose free or not, your milk is not clean. EVERYONE that is reading my post, again Iā€™m NOT bashing US. Just I am not for any injections like so to increase milk production from a cow to make more money while humans consume antibiotics n growth hormone. Like mentioned, get goats milk n organic if you can. Canadians knows we need to look for the little blue cow logo so we know itā€™s made here. I sure wouldnā€™t give milk with them injections to any child nor a pet. So go for goats milk.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/usmca-milk-hormones-1.4849423

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My nephew used to have goats, and made goat yogurt. It was very good.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
The issue in the US and please Iā€™m not bashing US but your milk has antibiotics and growth hormones. Here in Canada is against the law to inject our cows. So lactose free or not, your milk is not clean. EVERYONE that is reading my post, again Iā€™m NOT bashing US. Just I am not for any injections like so to increase milk production from a cow to make more money while humans consume antibiotics n growth hormone. Like mentioned, get goats milk n organic if you can. Canadians knows we need to look for the little blue cow logo so we know itā€™s made here. I sure wouldnā€™t give milk with them injections to any child nor a pet. So go for goats milk.

That used to be true but not anymore. Times have changed. It is getting harder to find milk that DOES have growth hormones in it. Just read the label and you are OK.

Every tank truck of milk in the US is tested for the presence of common antibiotic residues. Specifically, milk is pumped from the tank on the farm into a tanker trunk for delivery to the processing plant. The tank truck driver takes a sample each farmā€™s milk before the milk is pumped into the truck. Before the milk can be unloaded at the processing plant, each load is tested for antibiotic residues. If the milk shows no evidence of antibiotics, it is pumped into the plantā€™s holding tanks for further processing. If the milk does not pass antibiotic testing, the entire truck load of milk is discarded and the farm samples are tested to find the source of the antibiotic residues. Regulatory action is taken against the farm with the positive antibiotic test.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That used to be true but not anymore. Times have changed. It is getting harder to find milk that DOES have growth hormones in it. Just read the label and you are OK.

Every tank truck of milk in the US is tested for the presence of common antibiotic residues. Specifically, milk is pumped from the tank on the farm into a tanker trunk for delivery to the processing plant. The tank truck driver takes a sample each farmā€™s milk before the milk is pumped into the truck. Before the milk can be unloaded at the processing plant, each load is tested for antibiotic residues. If the milk shows no evidence of antibiotics, it is pumped into the plantā€™s holding tanks for further processing. If the milk does not pass antibiotic testing, the entire truck load of milk is discarded and the farm samples are tested to find the source of the antibiotic residues. Regulatory action is taken against the farm with the positive antibiotic test.

Odd cause here we are getting a different story. Interesting.

Found this... antibiotics are removed... but growth hormones stays for production.

https://www.fooddialogues.com/antibiotics-hormones-milk-dairy/

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names

The link you provided states that 'some' US farmers still use the growth hormone but that is not the norm anymore. I am sure Canadian farmers would much rather sell their milk than have it shipped in from the US and I don't blame them!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

PLEASE bash away!!! I'M SORRY, but honestly the US is horrible about what they are allowing to pass in our food supply... every day it's posted that a common popular food here in the states has been banned in other countries. I have been pushing organics to my family & friends... people do NOT want to spend the money. Did you see the article about how they are finding RoundUP in wine & beer in California? EVERYTHING we do to the soil ends up in our food/water supply!!! People need to WAKE UP...

OK rant over... Lol :hissycry:

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names

Found this... antibiotics are removed... but growth hormones stays for production.

https://www.fooddialogues.com/antibiotics-hormones-milk-dairy/

Ah, the article says growth hormones are approved. That does not mean they are used. The label on most milk states there is no growth hormone used.

https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2018/04/09/the_biggest_myth_about_rbst-free_milk.html
Are Your Dairy Products Hormone Free? (30+ Dairy Brands That Are) - Mommy Goes Green

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
PLEASE bash away!!! I'M SORRY, but honestly the US is horrible about what they are allowing to pass in our food supply... every day it's posted that a common popular food here in the states has been banned in other countries. I have been pushing organics to my family & friends... people do NOT want to spend the money. Did you see the article about how they are finding RoundUP in wine & beer in California? EVERYTHING we do to the soil ends up in our food/water supply!!! People need to WAKE UP...OK rant over... Lol :hissycry:

Feel better? Hahaha.

Growth hormones....no wonder our kids are all tall enough to play basketball.... lolll

Same here, there are certain items imported in Canada that people should stay away from. Even raw for my dogs...was buying fresh frozen herring for both and now Iā€™m buying elsewhere. That facility within 2 yrs they are building a new building but really massive. I decided to ask questions, and being directed (as you all know) asked him where they get their meats n fish from. He was ducking my question for the meat. This is a beef province so I figured was from here. No answer. Immediately in my head, he just lost me as a customer. Then I asked for the herring cause out of nowhere they came in frozen little cubes instead whole. I wanted whole. Cubes usually means youā€™ll have different fish in that cubes n I told him that. He said depending on the season we get our supplies in cubes cause it comes from fresh body waters of Asia. :w00t:
ASIA??? In front of everyone I said..then your fish is full of mercury! I simply looked at the owner n said you just lost me as a customer. I walked out. Now Iā€™m buying from a rancher thatā€™s been raising grass feed animals for the locals and been doing this for 40yrs. Iā€™m now paying 1.90 lb instead of 2.60 ... no brainer there.

Regarding Roundup, Monsanto practically has control of every farmer on the western side of the country. You are definitely right, get organic as much as you can afford it. People absolutely need to boycott Monsanto. I like buying from my small local farmers thatā€™s organic. Slowly they are getting up there with the demands of the customers. I found a beautiful cottage along a lake cause Iā€™m moving back home in a couple years...saw the photos, golf course on the other side. Pfffft thatā€™s my roundup drinking water n my lake I want to fish in. Ok Iā€™m done lolll

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Monsanto is a devil company. They have a lot to answer for.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Monsanto is a devil company. They have a lot to answer for.

Did you know Monsanto (Bayer) belongs to the Rockerfeller/Rothschilds? Rockerfeller/Rothschild runs the world n even controls when to print money. So.... Everyone is screwed if they donā€™t stick to their guns as we say and demand clean produce...

Ok I will get off the subject cause Monsanto and the Rockerfellers/Rothschild......

:chapped::nonono::chapped::chapped::censored:

EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK THE VIDEO !!! Then youā€™ll understand.

[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]
https://new.euro-med.dk/20180628-ba...os-carcinogen-roundup-in-all-german-beers.php

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Feel better? Hahaha.

Growth hormones....no wonder our kids are all tall enough to play basketball.... lolll

Same here, there are certain items imported in Canada that people should stay away from. Even raw for my dogs...was buying fresh frozen herring for both and now Iā€™m buying elsewhere. That facility within 2 yrs they are building a new building but really massive. I decided to ask questions, and being directed (as you all know) asked him where they get their meats n fish from. He was ducking my question for the meat. This is a beef province so I figured was from here. No answer. Immediately in my head, he just lost me as a customer. Then I asked for the herring cause out of nowhere they came in frozen little cubes instead whole. I wanted whole. Cubes usually means youā€™ll have different fish in that cubes n I told him that. He said depending on the season we get our supplies in cubes cause it comes from fresh body waters of Asia. :w00t:
ASIA??? In front of everyone I said..then your fish is full of mercury! I simply looked at the owner n said you just lost me as a customer. I walked out. Now Iā€™m buying from a rancher thatā€™s been raising grass feed animals for the locals and been doing this for 40yrs. Iā€™m now paying 1.90 lb instead of 2.60 ... no brainer there.

Regarding Roundup, Monsanto practically has control of every farmer on the western side of the country. You are definitely right, get organic as much as you can afford it. People absolutely need to boycott Monsanto. I like buying from my small local farmers thatā€™s organic. Slowly they are getting up there with the demands of the customers. I found a beautiful cottage along a lake cause Iā€™m moving back home in a couple years...saw the photos, golf course on the other side. Pfffft thatā€™s my roundup drinking water n my lake I want to fish in. Ok Iā€™m done lolll

I'm like you... I go to the local farmer's market here in town, and I try to buy organic as much as possible. I even got my hubby on board, and he was very skeptical about this at first... Lol I'm afraid that by the time we get to the bottom of this Monsanto nightmare we will ALL be poisoned at some level, and it will be way too late.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm like you... I go to the local farmer's market here in town, and I try to buy organic as much as possible. I even got my hubby on board, and he was very skeptical about this at first... Lol I'm afraid that by the time we get to the bottom of this Monsanto nightmare we will ALL be poisoned at some level, and it will be way too late.

20yrs ago Monsanto took a Canadian farmer to court. This farmer decided to fight back. There was one year this farmer bought seeds which the company was Monsanto which their goal is patent everything they own n how they can control the world with patents. Well the following year the farmer went with another seed to grow something else and this time seeds were ā€œnotā€ from Monsanto. That year Monsanto found a few genes from their seeds in the farmerā€™s crop which basically was from the previous cropā€™s yield from the previous year. Farmer was losing his whole farm n house etc cause he had no more money to fight the big guns. This farmerā€™s story went all over the world and people from everywhere was sending money to help the farmer out to win against Monsanto. And he did! Monsanto is trying (not sure where they stand right now with this) to patent pigs farms offsprings. If the pig eats crops thatā€™s patent from Monsanto, then the offsprings of that pig belongs to them! Pharmaceutical Bayer took over the name Monsanto so people sees the name less. Even Bill Gates owns shares..

People needs to buy organic seeds, heirloom, or go to your local farmer n ASK questions about their produce etc.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.