LolaLouise

Feb 13, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Louise
I am fixing to switch Lola from Royal Canin to Zignature
I was confused on starting with their multi protein Zssential thinking it may be better for a puppy, but was confused because in a lot of these threads it seems like maybe a single protein flavor may be better.
I like the idea of being able to change flavors without having to transition.

So what do you all think for a 7 month old ?
Zssential multi protein ( turkey, lamb, salmon, duck )
or
a single protein flavor like duck or pork

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was confused on starting with their multi protein Zssential thinking it may be better for a puppy, but was confused because in a lot of these threads it seems like maybe a single protein flavor may be better.

or

I would go with single duck... just because it is a better chance of not having issue and if you do it is easier to hopefully know the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marubadu

Jul 27, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy

or

My Sammy was on that signature for a while and he got really skinny on it. Come to find out it has a lot of fiber in it which made him go #2 a lot.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie gets Zignature for his am meals and does really well on it. I get the 4 lb pound bags and rotate after the bag is done.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would definitely start with a single protein.
My dogs have been on it for over two years now and do well on it. Monty poo'd a lot when he first went on it but he soon settled down to normal. I have changed their proteins a few times just for a change for them and the only problem I had was with Turkey which made Monty constipated for some reason.

I found this article on it which is worth the read as it is other than dogfoodadvisor which is the usual go-to for food reviews.

https://petgearlab.com/zignature-dog-food

OP
LolaLouise

LolaLouise

Feb 13, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Louise
I would definitely start with a single protein.
My dogs have been on it for over two years now and do well on it. Monty poo'd a lot when he first went on it but he soon settled down to normal. I have changed their proteins a few times just for a change for them and the only problem I had was with Turkey which made Monty constipated for some reason.

I found this article on it which is worth the read as it is other than dogfoodadvisor which is the usual go-to for food reviews.

https://petgearlab.com/zignature-dog-food

Cool thanks so maybe I'll try one flavor then after that bag get another flavor to alternate so she can taste the various flavors of the wild, lol. (Well except for the venison, thats 140 bucks a bag, lol)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online