Purina says a raw food diet is unhealthy...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ruh roh! Are too many pet owners discovering the truth about Purina? Now they are in attack mode?!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Says a lot when you have to disparage others to make your product look best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
of course they would... just like any untrustworthy, greedy entity, when the truth begins to be seen... start attacking

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Purina, your number ONE source for opinion on BAD FOOD.
Simply put, they make it BAD better than the rest.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OF course they did... LMAO!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Read the comments people left below that article. Nestle/Purina are the big guns still trying to brainwash the people that they have been around all these decades which means they know best. People are simply getting more educated and know not to feed grains, dyes, chemicals... Which is why our pets get cancer, tumors, seizures etc etc...Just like in humans. There’s a good book out there which really gets into the facts. It’s called:

Food Pets Die For: Shocking Facts About Pet Food Paperback – Aug 2 2008
by Ann N. Martin (Author)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Read this to know how much they profit!! I copy paste just a small paragraph....

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/the-domino-effect/

How much influence does big industry (Big Pet Food and Big Pharma) have over AVMA?

The 2012 AVMA Convention (where this vote will take place) website states “Special Thanks to our 2012 Diamond Partner” – Hill’s (Science Diet and Hill’s Rx pet foods).

The charity arm of the AVMA is the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF). Their 2010 tax documents show donations from the following corporations (pages 17 and 18)…

Bayer Animal Health – $45,000.00
Elanco Animal Health – $85,000.00
Merial – $225,000.00
Pfizer, Inc. – $131,475.00
Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. – $45,000.00
Intervet Inc./Sherring-Plough Animal Health – $85,000.00

While it is no crime for a charity veterinary organization to accept donations from pharmaceutical corporations and a pet food corporation, can the AVMA remain unbiased when over $600,000.00 is received – in one year – from these corporations? Can the AVMA remain unbiased when a pet food manufacturer sponsors a national convention?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Let’s put all these corrupt veterinarians who promote dry pet food as the only comprehensive food for pets on a nice healthy diet consisting exclusively of dry and canned human food! It is already cooked, passed contamination and quality control, safe, easy to count calories and vitamins in it, much nicer than dirty vegetables and raw meat from grocery store![/FONT][/FONT]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
People need to “read” between the fine lines/print and not just look at the nice colourful pictures and bigger fonts. That’s a marketing strategy.

Here’s another great article that tags along with Purina post.

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/is-it-feed-or-food/

Also Read

FDA openly allows diseased meat and rotting animal carcasses into pet food…without warning you.

https://www.petsumerreport.com/

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Absolutely! All cancerous meat, leukaemia meat, treated with antibiotics etc, not good for human consumption goes into pet food!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
People need to “read” between the fine lines/print and not just look at the nice colourful pictures and bigger fonts. That’s a marketing strategy.

Here’s another great article that tags along with Purina post.

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/is-it-feed-or-food/

Also Read

FDA openly allows diseased meat and rotting animal carcasses into pet food…without warning you.

https://www.petsumerreport.com/

I think that first of all, people should use common sense. If you look at kibble that can stay unchanged at room temperature for years (probably, centuries :D), how can you believe that it is made “without preservatives and conservatives ”!?! Did you ever canned?! Did you ever make own jerky?! Everything eventually spoils, but kibble - no!
The degree of denaturalisation in kibble is so high, that even bacteria cannot eat it! Bacteria doesn’t want this “food”! And you want me to feed it to my dog? Not in my life:evil:

It is just 50% unprecedented campaign of dry food propaganda and 50% convenience for dog owners - to be honest, many people are lazy to cook for themselves, will they take pains to cook for dogs? You know the answer.

I bake my own bread with real starter, I make my own kefir and yogurt, I make beef jerky, sauerkraut and kimchi, own jams and of course, I cook absolutely everything for my family from scratch - I’m not lazy to cook once a week food and once a month jerky treats for my fur baby to keep him healthy and happy.
And, btw, I grew up in Soviet Union where we never had dog kibble and everyone cooked food for their dogs themselves. Meat, bones, oats, vegetables, eggs, oils, kefir and curd. Dog food appeared only around 1995. And I had dogs all my life. All of them were healthy and happy. So I don’t buy this bullshit that “you cannot satisfy all needs of your dog without kibble”.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I think that first of all, people should use common sense. If you look at kibble that can stay unchanged at room temperature for years (probably, centuries :D), how can you believe that it is made “without preservatives and conservatives ”!?! Did you ever canned?! Did you ever make own jerky?! Everything eventually spoils, but kibble - no!
The degree of denaturalisation in kibble is so high, that even bacteria cannot eat it! Bacteria doesn’t want this “food”! And you want me to feed it to my dog? Not in my life:evil:

It is just 50% unprecedented campaign of dry food propaganda and 50% convenience for dog owners - to be honest, many people are lazy to cook for themselves, will they take pains to cook for dogs? You know the answer.

I bake my own bread with real starter, I make my own kefir and yogurt, I make beef jerky, sauerkraut and kimchi, own jams and of course, I cook absolutely everything for my family from scratch - I’m not lazy to cook once a week food and once a month jerky treats for my fur baby to keep him healthy and happy.
And, btw, I grew up in Soviet Union where we never had dog kibble and everyone cooked food for their dogs themselves. Meat, bones, oats, vegetables, eggs, oils, kefir and curd. Dog food appeared only around 1995. And I had dogs all my life. All of them were healthy and happy. So I don’t buy this bullshit that “you cannot satisfy all needs of your dog without kibble”.

You still breathing? :whew: lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online