General Question Best dry food -UK

Lol2105

Jan 3, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Derek
I have a 7month old English Bulldog and only adopted him 8 weeks ago. He is currently being fed Royal Canin as that's what his previous owner had him on. After reading threads on here I'm worried this food is no good for Derek and am wanting to change him to Adult food anyway as the vet keeps telling me he is over weight. He currently weighs 19.3Kilos as I have managed to drop 1 kilo over the last month. I'm based in the UK and Fromm seems hard to get here just wanted advise from others on the best dry to get- ideally in the UK.

Thanks
derek.jpg

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk is on Royal Canin - has been since birth - and she does great with it, eventhough it is listed as a NO on the food tree over here. It basically depends on your baby. I tried other foods and they did not agree with Punk's system. When transitioning she would pick out the RC and leave the rest. Cheeky bugger !!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Dudley has been on Acana for the last few years but to be honest if Derek is doing ok on the food he is on I wouldn’t change, maybe just cut down on a little on portion size :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a 7month old English Bulldog and only adopted him 8 weeks ago. He is currently being fed Royal Canin as that's what his previous owner had him on. After reading threads on here I'm worried this food is no good for Derek and am wanting to change him to Adult food anyway as the vet keeps telling me he is over weight. He currently weighs 19.3Kilos as I have managed to drop 1 kilo over the last month. I'm based in the UK and Fromm seems hard to get here just wanted advise from others on the best dry to get- ideally in the UK.

Thanks
View attachment 115467

Basically he’s 41lbs. Depending on the parents as there are EB at 65lbs n they are very fit. I know in UK you do have Acana n Orjien (same company). Try to go with Acana as it’s less in calories.

Home - ACANA UK

OP
L

Lol2105

Jan 3, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Derek
Thank you for the replies, I'm going to get the Acana today and slowly introduce it :) I noticed last night he had a pinky face so that got me worried too - paranoid!!!"

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for the replies, I'm going to get the Acana today and slowly introduce it :) I noticed last night he had a pinky face so that got me worried too - paranoid!!!"

Pink will more pronounce on any white area especially the mouth cause of the pigmentation. It’s normal.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thanks
View attachment 115467

Welcome to EBN! Your baby is adorable!

Acana if you can get it
Wainswright
James Well Beloved

Thoise are the three i can think of
@Chumly1 isn't there a site for listing all the UK foods?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online