Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help!!

We had the same kind of situation with our Westy. App. 2 months ago we sat down and decided that we might have to make a hard decision regarding our 13 year old Westy.
    He smelled awful, had balled spots, he was getting deaf, he would throw up all the time, he was soooo unhappy and would snap at our kids and was super grumpy!. I took him to the vet, she did all the tests that she could do and $400.- later they could not find anything in blood, urine and general exam except that he got diagnosed with black skin decease. She gave him antibiotics just to see if that would make a difference and I got some special shampoo.
    Just at the same time we got our bulldog pup and we decided to put all of them on a high quality all stages food. The funny part is that we never thought about changing his food and that this might change things for him. After one week we said that we were amazed that the pup had actually cheered him up, since he hated everything alive in the past year (like dogs and cats). Then we noticed that we could scratch his head and he would not yelp in pain. One evening I realized that I never noticed that he didn't stink anymore. There was no more throw-up to clean up, no more accidents in the house..... he tolerated that other animals much better.

I cry every time when I stop and think about it..... the day I took him to the vet, I kind of assumed that I would leave the office without him. It was soooo hard to call and make the appointment, go there and wait for all the test results ...... then I went home thinking that he must have a brain tumor or something crazy in his head for being to angry (he was never angry before).

We JUST changed the FOOD!!! and he might have many more years!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

We started giving Gracie a tums after meals. It really has helped decrease the "air licking" dramatically. She also eats Fromm and it's done a lot to help her with allergies.

We have given her some generic OTC prevacid in the past. It seemed like it was working really well -then all this started. I will keep everyone posted pn her status. If anyone knows a good bulldog vet in Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati area, let me know.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bosshog View Post
    We have given her some generic OTC prevacid in the past. It seemed like it was working really well -then all this started. I will keep everyone posted pn her status. If anyone knows a good bulldog vet in Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati area, let me know.
    @boss hog..there is a vet referral here under forums. Try to see who is close to you. Poor Ellie..I hope you find the answer asap

Ellie is doing a little better. I am really wondering if the Nature's Variety is the right food. It looks as if she swallows the little kbbles whole. I hate to change their food but I have to think that could be a problem. I get the feeling that Fromm is the brand most people on here use(?).

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All life stages food is small. Fromm is also tiny

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Just to let everyone know, we changed our food to Dick Van Patten Limited Ingredient Duck and Potato. All of Ellie's regurge problems went away about a week fter the change!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Just to let everyone know, we changed our food to Dick Van Patten Limited Ingredient Duck and Potato. All of Ellie's regurge problems went away about a week fter the change!
    That is fantastic to hear!!!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Excellent!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

good job!

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

They have a list of vets on here. It is listed by state. You may want to try looking there to see if there are any vets in your area. Hope Ellie gets to feeling better soon. Bullie hugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads