Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not surprised but heh,

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.
Hill's Pet Nutrition is recalling multiple lots of BOTH its Prescription Diet and Science Diet dog foods due to elevated levels of vitamin D.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
Hill's Prescription Diet and Science Diet Dog Food Recall

Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Not surprised but heh,

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.
Hill's Pet Nutrition is recalling multiple lots of BOTH its Prescription Diet and Science Diet dog foods due to elevated levels of vitamin D.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
Hill's Prescription Diet and Science Diet Dog Food Recall

Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

This one is really bad... I know SO many people who's vets are constantly recommending Hills Science Diet!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This one is really bad... I know SO many people who's vets are constantly recommending Hills Science Diet!!!

Like I said in other posts, to each(s) own.... RC, Hillā€™s so not for dogs. Some people say it works for their dogs (which I respect their opinions) but itā€™s just a question of time it will hit down the road. Food takes time to accumulate in a system to screw it up. Just like humans. I call it ā€œlive n learnā€.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Like I said in other posts, to each(s) own.... RC, Hillā€™s so not for dogs. Some people say it works for their dogs (which I respect their opinions) but itā€™s just a question of time it will hit down the road. Food takes time to accumulate in a system to screw it up. Just like humans. I call it ā€œlive n learnā€.

Right... you half to do the best you can with what you can forward and that works for your baby but after a while it seems these foods can have side effects for lack of better word.

When I was not as knowledgeable and we first got Nitschke we were feeding beniful ( so hard to admit that). then when I found out how bad it was I went to what I thought was a good RC Bulldog and They both got worse, fur loss, tears stains, gas, etc. we went to Fromm and it was great, then made the jump to raw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.